Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict NAT Detected

Repiru

Question

So I downloaded Warframe on my new laptop this night and it appeared "Strict NAT Detected". Could it be the laptop's problem or the internet's? I am currently away from home so I can test if it still appears in my house's internet. Hopefully its just the internet of the house I'm currently staying at right now.

7 answers to this question

It's the settings on your router that are causing an issue.  It took me a year to understand port forwarding.  In essence when you log in, the alert will appear saying to forward these ports to a certain number and IP address.  So what you have to do is find the IP address of your router.  Then log into it.  Afterwards find the settings that allows you to adjust the port settings.  Every router is different so google it if you struggle.  Once you find that screen you should be able to figure it out from there.  It's kinda easy or hard depending on your tech saviness.  Hope this helps.

It's the NAT Setting in your Router that only allows one connection over a given port, in this case  UDP ports 4950 and 4955 and the TCP port range from 6695 to 6699.

Your router needs to let traffic on those ports through to your PC.

The instructions for forwarding ports on your router vary by manufacturer and model. You should consult your router’s documentation or the manufacturers support site for details on how to correctly forward these ports to your PC.

It happens to the best routers!

6 minutes ago, Prime said:

It's the NAT Setting in your Router that only allows one connection over a given port, in this case  UDP ports 4950 and 4955 and the TCP port range from 6695 to 6699.

Your router needs to let traffic on those ports through to your PC.

The instructions for forwarding ports on your router vary by manufacturer and model. You should consult your router’s documentation or the manufacturers support site for details on how to correctly forward these ports to your PC.

It happens to the best routers!

I currently have pocket wifi here. Is that why?

29 minutes ago, Repiru said:

Just to add the house I'm staying at right now has pocket wifi so maybe that's why.

Yeh that's gonna make it harder, and you may not have any ability to improve things until you get home - have you tried ignoring it and just playing? I was at a hotel a couple of weeks ago, but despite that same issue I could get to a relay and get Baro's stuff, and see other players in the relay (tbh, I was really pleasantly surprised). I didn't try playing WF with friends while away, but other games (wildlands) worked just fine. 

Just now, dstrawberrygirl said:

Yeh that's gonna make it harder, and you may not have any ability to improve things until you get home - have you tried ignoring it and just playing? I was at a hotel a couple of weeks ago, but despite that same issue I could get to a relay and get Baro's stuff, and see other players in the relay (tbh, I was really pleasantly surprised). I didn't try playing WF with friends while away, but other games (wildlands) worked just fine. 

Playing by invite usually just doesn't work on a strict NAT.