Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optimal Ice Chroma Build

(PSN)Karelxss

Question

9 answers to this question

Primed Flow isn't really required unless you're using QT or an Eximus Sorties. I would use a 2nd build for that with some Efficiency.

I would suggest Steel Fiber in place of Intensify. It will give you more eHP than +30% Power even at max Vex.

I find Aegis to be more reliable than Barrier. Aegis will regenerate enough shields to fully buff Chroma every 4 seconds and lasts for 20 seconds.

I personally went for a brawler build which relieves shield management issues and gives him his full Damage buff without getting hit. It all around makes him less tedious and more fun to play IMO as you only have to keep your buffs up and get to focus on plowing through enemies instead of withdrawing every minute. Though it does require lvl `00+ enemies in order to actually charge your energy through Rage.

Spoiler

gkM84mg.jpg

Unfortunately because it can't use Zenurik I had to use a 6/10 Blind Rage and Rage to manage his energy but I felt the eHP healing per second from a 100% up time Grace and the constant max damage output was worth it.

This is my alternate melee build used with Zenurik which is more similar to yours.

Spoiler

hc76tLG.jpg

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Primed Flow isn't really required unless you're using QT or an Eximus Sorties. I would use a 2nd build for that with some Efficiency.

I would suggest Steel Fiber in place of Intensify. It will give you more eHP than +30% Power even at max Vex.

I find Aegis to be more reliable than Barrier. Aegis will regenerate enough shields to fully buff Chroma every 4 seconds and lasts for 20 seconds.

I personally went for a brawler build which relieves shield management issues and gives him his full Damage buff without getting hit. It all around makes him less tedious and more fun to play IMO as you only have to keep your buffs up and get to focus on plowing through enemies instead of withdrawing every minute. Though it does require lvl `00+ enemies in order to actually charge your energy through Rage.

Hide contents

gkM84mg.jpg

Unfortunately because it can't use Zenurik I had to use a 6/10 Blind Rage and Rage to manage his energy but I felt the eHP healing per second from a 100% up time Grace and the constant max damage output was worth it.

This is my alternate melee build used with Zenurik which is more similar to yours.

Hide contents

hc76tLG.jpg

So would dropping flow for vigor and intensify for steel fiber be better or should i just drop flow for steel fiber

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Karelxss said:

So would dropping flow for vigor and intensify for steel fiber be better or should i just drop flow for steel fiber

Flow for Steel Fiber yea.

Normal Vigor is debatable though.

It doesn't actually give you more eHP than Intensify though it does allow you to gain full Scorn buff with one pass through your shields which can be important for reliably taking damage. Primed Vigor is a sure bet but normal Vigor is kinda up to you. I didn't use normal Vigor back when it was an option. Though I believe it might be required if you planned to use the Naramon + Arcanes trick since you need the extra base HP to heal from Grace in order to offset the constant damage being taken.

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Flow for Steel Fiber yea.

Normal Vigor is debatable though.

It doesn't actually give you more eHP than Intensify though it does allow you to gain full Scorn buff with one pass through your shields which can be important for reliably taking damage. Primed Vigor is a sure bet but normal Vigor is kinda up to you. I didn't use normal Vigor back when it was an option. Though I believe it might be required if you planned to use the Naramon + Arcanes trick since you need the extra base HP to heal from Grace in order to offset the constant damage being taken.

Okay thanks and ur able to sustain without primed flow for doing long runs?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Karelxss said:

Okay thanks and ur able to sustain without primed flow for doing long runs?

The Naramon build might have trouble against high level Infested but I tend to melee Infested so I use the Zenurik build for that.

Though around lvl 300 an Infested Disruptor will one-shot your energy pool regardless of Flow. If I recall they drain around 600 energy with their hook attack while at the same time not even scratching Chroma himself. It's really dumb.

I have test footage of the Naramon build in action if you want. It was still killing lvl 380 T3 Void pretty well before I decided to call it. His survival starts to fall into question by that level. You might be able to stretch a little further with QT + Flow but not much. There's only so much he can take because of Puncture bypassing 1/2 of his armor.

16 hours ago, Xzorn said:

The Naramon build might have trouble against high level Infested but I tend to melee Infested so I use the Zenurik build for that.

Though around lvl 300 an Infested Disruptor will one-shot your energy pool regardless of Flow. If I recall they drain around 600 energy with their hook attack while at the same time not even scratching Chroma himself. It's really dumb.

I have test footage of the Naramon build in action if you want. It was still killing lvl 380 T3 Void pretty well before I decided to call it. His survival starts to fall into question by that level. You might be able to stretch a little further with QT + Flow but not much. There's only so much he can take because of Puncture bypassing 1/2 of his armor.

Okay thank you and what do you think about me dropping flow for steel fiber and then intensify for rage? Or should i just drop the flow for steel fiber

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Karelxss said:

Okay thank you and what do you think about me dropping flow for steel fiber and then intensify for rage? Or should i just drop the flow for steel fiber

If you mean for Polarizing purposes I would always use Steel Fiber but being able to swap between Intensify / Rage / Flow might be difficult.

Naramon build would use Rage, Zenurik build would use Intensify and Flow would be for Eximus / Energy reduction.

I'm not sure if it's possible to keep all options open. I just checked my Eximus build and it's using Streamline but not Flow or Blind Rage.

I don't think you will need Flow unless you want to do Nightmare Raids or run Quick Thinking.

In the end It's up to you and what you want to use him for.

you need steel fibre and some efficiency.

youre str is to increase the armor.

thus with steel fibre your armor gain will be very high

if you only want to cast the 2nd and 3rd skill you wont need flow ( tanking )

all you need is arcane energize / zenruik and you will be good to go