Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Options for Mandachord Ideas.

DarkSignal

Here are a couple of suggestions for options to add to Octavia's mandachord, all of which would add more variety to her music both in and out of game. Since these suggestions are focused on the mandachord itself, it was best suited to be posted here.

Adjust Needle speed:
A simple but powerful new addition, the needle's speed can be adjusted by a slider in the mandachord menu to change the tempo of the song. You can either slow it down or speed it up to get a more satisfying tempo.

Configure power dependencies:
An option to have Resonator draw from the melody of a song, and to have Metronome draw from the bass for each song. If you have a complex and intricate melody, you can supplant it with a more steady bass without having to dumb the melody down for your powers. This would be especially apparent for the music packs that have longer bass notes and shorter melody notes.

Song Sequencing:
At the end of each song, you can transition into another song that you have saved on your profile. Using a combo box in the mandachord menu you can choose which of your saved songs you can transition into, with the current song as the default choice for looping back onto itself. Being able to do this could seriously dilute the repetitive nature of Octavia's music loops.

Side B:
An alternative execution to song sequencing would be to have two sides to your music disc. If you choose to have a Side B, you add 4 more bars to your song with a total of 8. It would double the amount of save storage needed for music tracks, but it would still cut the repetitiveness in half without having to worry about music management for Octavia in game.

Adjust base pitch:
Another slider in the menu can allow us to adjust the lowest pitch our song will have, with the highest being double the frequency to produce the octave the song will use. The involvement necessary to do this depends on whether or not the music notes are their own individual samples, or a base sample with pitch adjustment handled by the game (where it's much easier).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sweet Profit, yes. At the very least they should add the ability to change tempo. The options for the current Mandachord are so limited I feel like I'm composing on my kid sister's toy piano. I don't expect a full-on audio suite in a Warframe, but at the very least they could give us the basic options like pitch and tempo.