Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keybinding Failing (PC )

KosmicKnight

Question

Due to a hard drive failure, I had to reinstall a new OS and a few games, including Warframe. This has lead to me to an unexpected problem. When I went into the game to changed my keybindings, none of my keybindings worked.  It shows in the menu the new keybindings settings are saved, but whenever I play the game, it acts with only the default keys, which make the game for me very unplayble (Sorry DE, the default keybindings is super annoying for my fingers). I have tried a few things, even going in and removing the .cfg a file so it would generate a new one and do the whole thing over again, but the same problem persists. I am not too sure how to solve this one at the moment so I am seeing if anyone else had a similar problem that might have already solved it.

Cosmicly yours, the Kosmic Knight

3 answers to this question

Have you checked that the folder the .cfg file is in hasn't been set to 'read only'?  I've heard of Windows 10 randomly doing that to people before and it prevents your options from being saved as Windows wont let the game overwrite the default file.