Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Build?

DreadedL1GHT

Question

I know the Glaive isn't the ideal weapon for end-game content, but I'm basically bored of the usual weapons and wanna try something more... "exotic". And after playing Dark Sector, and then getting the proto skin for excal and the glaive, I kinda feel the need to play with the glaive and excal once again.

Now on to the important part: Can anyone recommend a build for the weapon? Preferably a build that is still viable for end-game content (though I'll still take builds that aren't)

4 answers to this question

Have you considered the crerata? I believe the glaive proto skin works on it too.  It's pretty much a better version of the glaive, but you do lose slash damage. For melee combat, I do;

Astral twilight, prime pressure point, prime fury, Beserker, blood rush, shocking touch, organ shatter, body count, life strike.  

Throwing isn't very endgame viable in my opinion (unless with ivara), but if you go Excalibur blind, it is effective against medium levels.  Just try to maximize elemental damage, throwing speed, and possibly throw life strike on just because exploding the throw doesn't drain energy.  

It's not really endgame viable. I hear Cerata is ok with Astral Twilight, but not for throwing.

Anyway... I used something along the lines of Gleaming Talon, Pressure Point, Fury, Quick Return, Power Throw, Whirlwind, 3 element mods. Kill Nullies and trash mobs on explosion. Astral Twilight is better, but I didn't have it. 

5 minutes ago, Desperado14 said:

Have you considered the crerata? I believe the glaive proto skin works on it too.  It's pretty much a better version of the glaive, but you do lose slash damage. For melee combat, I do;

Astral twilight, prime pressure point, prime fury, Beserker, blood rush, shocking touch, organ shatter, body count, life strike.  

Throwing isn't very endgame viable in my opinion (unless with ivara), but if you go Excalibur blind, it is effective against medium levels.  Just try to maximize elemental damage, throwing speed, and possibly throw life strike on just because exploding the throw doesn't drain energy.  

4 minutes ago, Duavey said:

It's not really endgame viable. I hear Cerata is ok with Astral Twilight, but not for throwing.

Anyway... I used something along the lines of Gleaming Talon, Pressure Point, Fury, Quick Return, Power Throw, Whirlwind, 3 element mods. Kill Nullies and trash mobs on explosion. Astral Twilight is better, but I didn't have it. 

Thanks guys. I'm gonna try out these builds and get the Cerata