Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Is A Coward

wfrawn

He knows he has more health and does more damage than me, that's fine but he also has a clear preference for paying me a visit when i am alone.

First time he caught me when i had just started to level my then brand new Braton, going solo in a low level mission.

Just now he dropped by two times in a row when i was on my own. I did do some online squad missions in between, but no other solo missions.

Actually, the stalker's bow pales in comparison to a well modded weapon. He does more damage than the base damage of the weapon with it, but in tenno hands it can do enough to 1shot a Rhino, Iron skin and all. Health wise though, yeah, he has tens of thousands of health.

Edited by Buggy

Interestingly, i do have all his weapons. Dropped on several occasions when he tried to take on someone in the squad i was in. Haven't build all but i do have Dread.

Is it just me or does Stalker shoot Dread much faster than any of the mods we have access to can make it?

Fight?  Stalker actually fights?  Since he got his new fancy bow, he is a sissy.  Always staying far back shooting with his bow.

If he would ever use his throwing knives he may become a force again, but using nothing but that bow, it's like stealing candy from a baby.

Hell, you can have all unranked weapons and a Dethcube and still rob him blind.

And no, bumping his level to 75 with Update 9 didn't make him any harder, just takes 2 more seconds to rob him is all.

I have issues with him either not dropping stuff when beat, or he sits down and disappears. I don't know if that is one in the same, but either way, I don't get rewards out of him lately.

I love Beefcakes' idea about the jump pads. I have a feeling Stalker Skeet is going to be a popular new Warframe sport in the next few months.

I have issues with him either not dropping stuff when beat, or he sits down and disappears. I don't know if that is one in the same, but either way, I don't get rewards out of him lately.

I have this same issue, I get him down to like 10% health and he'll just kneel and say something like the target will go on unpunished and he just leaves. Am I not getting the kill on him and is that why I haven't gotten any blue prints to make any of his swag?

Actually, the stalker's bow pales in comparison to a well modded weapon. He does more damage than the base damage of the weapon with it, but in tenno hands it can do enough to 1shot a Rhino, Iron skin and all.

Doesn't that depend on the extend to which it is modded (including potato and forma), which depends primarily on the amount of time one has played the game and/or the amount of real money one has spend on it? But i guess that's what you mean by "it can".

I guess the point i make with the OP is that with a team it's trivial to take Stalker down - that is to say, easy to kill him dead so that he drops stuff.

It's trivial to the point that i didn't even notice he was there while we were fighting Ruk (Stalker did not come for me that time), until it was all over and i found this purple ball on the floor: the Dread blueprint.

Without scaling, it's a entirely different thing to solo him. I can solo Ruk, but not Stalker.

Edited by wfrawn

He's not there to grief, the assumption is that most of the time we aren't playing with max everything, because mastery. He is a legit challenge from 10-20 ish level.

I do agree his arrival should be tied to equipment level (combined level of 20 or something) rather than Mastery rank.

Him vanishing when at low health is by design. You need to hit him with higher damage per shot to get him to drop his loots.

He's not there to grief, the assumption is that most of the time we aren't playing with max everything, because mastery. He is a legit challenge from 10-20 ish level.

I do agree his arrival should be tied to equipment level (combined level of 20 or something) rather than Mastery rank.

Him vanishing when at low health is by design. You need to hit him with higher damage per shot to get him to drop his loots.

The assumption doesn't matter, its immaterial, Stalker is fundamentally broken, he only posses a threat to low levels carrying low level weapons,  sending a level 45 stalker after a level 5 ember with level 7 weapons is there for only one purpose, grief. Most frames with the exception of rhino and trinity with the right mods would offer any sort of resistance in that circumstance. NOTE I did say low level weapons, yes, any twat with a fully modded hek et al can kill stalker regardless of frame.

Yet, as you say, he wont scale when facing a level 30 that can pretty much laugh and ignore him, then we have the sorry state of affairs where some frame abilities do not have any affect on stalker, while others have no such issues. To be frank I never see stalker now when running level 30 fully modded gear, 6 days without seeing him, then the instant I switch to a level 5 ember, bang he appears.

The only purpose Stalker serves right now is to grief low level frames toting low level weapons, end of.

He is an assassin. Ofcourse he goes after you when you are not prepared. He's not a knight who fights for honour.

yeah, his latest visit was in a solo nightmare mission with HP drain. he had an advantage but eventually it didn't help him ;) but he didn't drop a blueprint...

Edited by Lesserli