Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for solo Kuva siphons

(XBOX)Cotton Tail

Question

Hi,

basically I am quite bad at Kuva siphons and I want to improve; solo at first then in a group once I feel like I'm capable of carrying at least some of my weight :-)

At the moment it all seems quite hectic and my operator is toast very quickly; often before I see the incoming cloud, never mind having a chance to dash through it. What basic strategies do people use? Do you park your warframe near the siphon or further way? What CC abilities work (if any) once you go into operator mode, or is it a case of using one first (slowva springs to mind, not tried it yet though)? Do people concentrate on removing the guardians or ignoring them?

So far testing that hasn't helped;

• Equinox Peaceful provocation  gets turned off by going into operator mode
  • Limbo Stasis/cataclysm doesn't freeze the guardians

Any tips fellow Tenno?

TIA

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

It works for everybody else BUT the guardians. Also chaos works but if you are close to the guards they will still attack you. Off course if we are talking about regular missions it is doable with anything while watching netflix. Kuva floods depending on the map are a different story. Try chaos nyx on the tight corridor on Eris on a kuva flood and see how it is worthless. everybody is kissing each other in a small corridor. There is no target priority in that space...

There was a time when CC actually worked on them, you could blind them, slow them etc...

Yes Chaos doesn't work on the Guardians themselves. You are CCing the OTHER Grineer, and they are keeping the Guardians occupied. And yes, if you are playing Nyx, you don't want to stand next to any of them while this is going on, otherwise why bother with Chaos right?

You are right about that Eris corridor, it is a *@##$, but not because of the tight spaces. There are 2 spots that I know of to hide while Nyx Chaos does its thing. The main issue (at least for me) is always being able to see the kuva cloud at all because it is dark and red, just like the area and there are a S#&$ ton of red and black armored grineer. If I fail that mission it's usually due to missing the cloud entirely, not so much the guardians bothering me. 

-Use sound to locate where Kuva spawns (The Kuva Siphon's arm will point towards kuva clouds)

-Stay away from the Kuva Siphon (Enemies spawn very close to it and Hyekka Masters can ruin your day if you're not invisible or tanky)

-Stay on high elevation such as small ledges or juts (Kuva guardians are melee units, if they can't reach you then they can't hurt you)

-Only enter operator mode when you are close enough to dash into a Kuva cloud.

-Use Warframe abilities to avoid or mitigate damage done to you. (Invisibility, crowd control etc)

Edited by MrJxt