Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aranea (aka the spider frame)

(PSN)Th3Cl3rik

So I have this idea for a frame, not that DE is going to pay any mind to a small fry like me, but I thought I'd put it out there. Side note, I'm not good at drawing so I just came up with a possible name, stats and abilities.... if someone wants to do a design for her it's cool with me.... here we go:

Aranea - Latin word for spider.

Health 125 at rank 0 275 at 30
Armor 250 at rank 0 425 at 30
Shields 50 at rank 0 150 at 30
Energy 100 at rank 0 400 at 30

Ability 1 -  Ensnare: Aranea launches a web projectile pinning single a single enemy in place dealing impact damage on contact.
Damage: 150/225/275/350
Duration: 5/7/12/15
***If contact is made with only a surface, AoE is created for 6/8/10/12 seconds and will reduce enemy movement by 20% for half of the remainder of the initial cast duration.

Ability 2 -  Camouflage: Aranea latches to an adjacent surface (wall or ceiling) becoming stationary and undetectable. (not like invisible like Loki or Ivara, she'll just blend in with her surroundings so if she's seen before casting it I think that somehow she would still be able to wall latch but the enemies just know she's there or maybe they might look in that direction like when you're inviz and you bump into them)
Duration 6/8/10/12
Recasting camouflage with alerted enemies in range of 2/4/6/7 meters will cause Aranea to latch on to a single enemy inflicting damage buff of 15/17/21/25%. However un-alerted enemies will be stunned and open to melee finishers after second cast.

Ability 3 -  Venom:  Aranea spits a liner projectile of venom in
Range: 30/35/40/45 degree angle 1.5/2/2.5/3 width 10/12/17/20 m radius
Damage: 300/445/565/700 toxic damage
and will also produce 100% toxic status to enemies in affected range.

Ability 4 - Silk Lethality: Aranea spins a web across all surfaces in tile set in
Range: 8/10/12/15 m radius
12/14/16/19 seconds.
Enemies with any status effect caught in her web will share that status to unaffected enemies dealing the initial damage over time for to all enemies from the status effected enemy. (so if there was a greener bombard with cold status taking 10 cold damage, he will continue to taking the cold damage but also spread it to say a heavy gunner who wasn't affected with a status, and the heavy gunner would then also take 10 cold damage.) Allies/squad members in range of the Silk lethality will receive 5/7/9/12 % of total damage in health over 2/4/6/9 seconds. If allies are receiving health, silk lethality will drain energy per second much like Oberon's reckoning.

Passive: Taking fatal damage with silk fatality active causes Arachnid to weave herself into a canon latching on enemies in 8/10/12/15 m radius draining health and will be revived with 20% of her base health but 200% of base armor for the remainder of the initial cast of silk lethality's duration.

My goal here was to make a spider themed frame with good cc and decent damage, but not to OP. I welcome any suggestions.

Edited by (PS4)Th3Cl3rik

Quite nice frame, her passive is kinda like Inaros but that it buffs armor of Aranea apperently.

4 & 3 has really nice synergy, You shoot out a venom blast inflicting toxic on a bunch of enemies, then you just use Silk and make them all be infected with Toxic.

Camoflage seems kinda pointless but still kinda useful at the same time, Would be nicer if you could actually move along the walls or the ceiling while it is active so you can use it during stealth play and not just sit there like a immobile object hoping the AIs Pathfinding eventually move close to you.

oh and, "Theme -> Warframe Dark" Now I can suddently read this light gray text :O
Why do people even change the color if they use Dark? If you just leave it at standard it will autochange to match the theme, Like my text, It's lightgray when I use dark and Black when I use white.

Edited by JudgeXion

8 minutes ago, JudgeXion said:

"Camoflage seems kinda pointless but still kinda useful at the same time, Would be nicer if you could actually move along the walls or the ceiling while it is active so you can use it during stealth play and not just sit there like a immobile object hoping the AIs Pathfinding eventually move close to you."

Yea I was trying to stick with things a spider does while at the same time trying to keep her as balanced as possible. Could use some tweaking but I'm not sure how I'd go about it. 

As for the text color for some reason I thought that was just the edit color lol.

Nice Concept but her hp at level 30 is a bit low consider she start with 125 hp which indicate her total healt could be 375 at max level. The armor improving also looks nice and ability wise this frame sounds pretty fun to use. 

Also there are similar spider frame concepts like, Arachne, Drider, Widow.