The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should All Prime Items Have Mastery Rank Requirements? (Excluding Founder)

Niryco

The prime weapons are mostly upgrades to side grades that serve for the usual purpose of end-game.

However the startling fact is that almost none of them are restricted by mastery ranks. The only weapon with a mastery rank that is supposedly high is the paris prime at rank 4.

Why i am posing this question is because lower level players essentially can skip alot of the market content for prime weapons in general which shouldn't be how progression works.

Like dojo weapons atleast there is a high mastery rank to force players to use all existing warframes and weapons to understand how they work before players can use these high level equipment.

Overall without mastery ranks requirements, it contributes to a sort of power creep as market weapons become useless once a low level user is exposed to void as they need just one maxed level frame to survive and gather all prime items forgetting about other market content.

In addition by using the prime weapons they are able to rank to 4 safely they can use Hek or other market rank requirement weapons before proceeding to dojo weapons thus skipping the lower few market weapons that are meant to show the basics within the game.

So do you feel prime items should all involve mastery rank? If so what rank do you think they should be, rank 4 to 6, or Ranks 6 to 7.

PS: Sorry for not making it clear, when i mean excluding founders i mean Skana Prime, Excal Prime and Lato prime. Also re-did the title just because it didn't connote the correct message.

Edited by Jacate

Yeah, they should.

Its a stupid concept that they dont give mastery rank. It also is a stupid concept that you dont get mastery rank for weapons / frames you used a Forma on. DE should just remove that restriction. It would be more fair for everyone, founder or not.

inb4:

"But i paid for founder to feel superior over freebies QQ"

No, you paid for supporting the game.

Edited by corpseshock

why don't you try that first? make a new account then skip as much content as you can to get to the prime version. after someone has tried it, then it will be worth to discuss.

Ok will, but would it be against the EULA to create a duplicate accounts? Will do it anyways.

Edited by Jacate

Yeah, they should.

Its a stupid concept that they dont give mastery rank. It also is a stupid concept that you dont get mastery rank for weapons / frames you used a Forma on. DE should just remove that restriction. It would be more fair for everyone, founder or not.

inb4:

I think you're missing the point here... OP wants Prime weapons/frames to REQUIRE mastery rank. Also Prime gear does award mastery.

Edited by NoShoes

I think you're missing the point here... OP wants Prime weapons/frames to REQUIRE mastery rank. Also Prime gear does award mastery.

Thank you for helping me clearing it up =D

Edited by Jacate

Yeah, they should.

inb4:

Lets get mastery for reusing the same weapon? Clearly you have no idea what is mastery, the art of MASTERING the battle field. If you reuse an Ogris, after putting in a Forma, its still a Ogris, its the same weapon upgraded, but the same weapon.

As for the Primes, they are a different weapon, thats why they give separate Mastery Rank, the weapons we use are copies of the Primes, thus why we get mastery for both.

@On topic, I agree only cause its pretty easy to carry people into the Void and get them Prime stuff. Me and my brother did that with a friend, that is rank 1.

Id say give different ranks for different Prime weapons, as it is inside the dojo.

Oh, i feel stupid now.

But yeah, id like that too. The idea of mastery rank (and the tests) was that a player needs a certain amount of skill before progressing. Increasing mastery on a weapon was also increasing skill. So this concept would be self-containing if you could progress from your former weapons to the prime versions. This makese sense.

Skipping ahead is never fun. I believe having mastery ranks on existing weapons/frames and future is recommended. Maybe for founders the rank can be lowered?

Well what i meant by excluding founders are founders packages (Excal prime and lato prime and skana prime)

Oh, i feel stupid now.

But yeah, id like that too. The idea of mastery rank (and the tests) was that a player needs a certain amount of skill before progressing. Increasing mastery on a weapon was also increasing skill. So this concept would be self-containing if you could progress from your former weapons to the prime versions. This makese sense.

=D

Time to do it to experiment like CeDric

Edited by Jacate

Lets get mastery for reusing the same weapon? Clearly you have no idea what is mastery, the art of MASTERING the battle field. If you reuse an Ogris, after putting in a Forma, its still a Ogris, its the same weapon upgraded, but the same weapon.

Clearly your idea of mastery is pretty abstract, bro.

If you keep using an Ogris, you dont get better with it ?

Edited by corpseshock

Clearly your idea of mastery is pretty abstract, bro.

If you keep using an Ogris, you dont get better with it ?

Getting better isnt the art of mastering weapons and frames.

Reusing the same weapon over and over only shows off how you arent open minded to new experiences, and arent capable of handling other styles of gameplay.

A master is somebody able of using different gears and performing well with all of them, not somebody that only knows how to use the same gear over and over again.

Getting better isnt the art of mastering weapons and frames.

Reusing the same weapon over and over only shows off how you arent open minded to new experiences, and arent capable of handling other styles of gameplay.

A master is somebody able of using different gears and performing well with all of them, not somebody that only knows how to use the same gear over and over again.

I guess i ain't a master cause i love my awesome braton so much. However it does get all the job done without breaking a sweat.

for forma mastery rank, i actually divided between agree and disagree. I agree to formaed weapon gives mastery exp, because it's like mastering the art of one thing (imagine a PhD. They are masters... in one area). But I also disagree because the mastery rank in this game is supposed to be the indicator of how far your knowledge and skill in this game, and using the same weapon over and over again even it upgraded (remember, we don't get anything too when we upgrade with potato), using Hybridon words, "only shows off how you arent open minded to new experiences, and arent capable of handling other styles of gameplay."

but if de change it so formaed weapon give exp, I won't complain.

I guess i ain't a master cause i love my awesome braton so much. However it does get all the job done without breaking a sweat.

It sure is an amazing weapon.

Im not saying dont use your favorite weapon over and over again, just that in order to be a master and earn mastery points you should use different weapons.

I have my personal favorite that is my Dread, and often go back and revisit it. :)