Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"personal" Room

N7emesis

This is just an idea, and i would appreciate any support if you like the idea..

So, to make things as simple sa possible, i would like to have an option in clan dojo to build a "personal" room.

"Personal" room would be just simple little room (dimensions similar to reactor or duel room) with 1 place to meditate and a presonal locker for weapons and stuff. Above the doors should be a name of player. Other players shouldn't be able to enter the room if the owner is not in his room.

It's better to be in your own room while you are afk, then standing around like an idiot in clan hall.

Edited by N7emesis

I can just imagine clan with 100+ players and everyone having a room

yeah.. that would be a big problem, but still it can be regulated by clan ranking.. (only leaders, officiers and warlord can build those rooms)...

This is a depth of roleplaying that may not be feasible, given the size of clans up to 1000 members.

Why not? again. A personal room teleportation statue in the middle of the hall ( or where warlord decides )... or even better. an elevator. Takes each person into his own quarters (or to his friends quarters, if got an invitation).

Players could also decorate their rooms with stuff they found on missions, or if they got some kind of achievement or their weapons... For example I don't have any use for Lato Vandal pistol, but at the same time I don't want to sell it... why not put it on the wall?

It does seem to me, that "personal room idea" would go well with warframe business model too. Maybe there'll be some personal decorations, that you can buy in the shop for example.

Why not?

You are essentially suggesting a worst case scenario of one instance per warframe player. This is highly unwieldy and a nightmare for any server architecture. If it would be clientside only, this might be something to explore, though. Will take the idea and put it forth.

This is a depth of roleplaying that may not be feasible, given the size of clans up to 1000 members.

i understand, but the problem coud be fixed with limitation (like oracle and halls). each clan can build limited number of "personal" room (maybe 30).

in big clans (1000 members) those rooms would be owned by higher ranked players in clan, and in smaller clans (10 members) each member could have its own room.

to make things even more simple, one meditation spot, one locker/decoration and name sign above the door in room half size of reactor room would do the trick..

While i do find the idea to be cool, but i will have to agree with Ced23Ric, in that it is a server-side nightmare. while it may be pulled off by instanced client side rooms, i dont think the effort should be put into it. remember, not every cool idea should be implemented. the effort put into implementing personal rooms can be and should be used on more important stuff.