Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad Hosts.

ProfessorMeeseeks

This has gotten to be every single match I join this past week. I want the option to host. Or at the very least, have some sort of scanner that rates connection speeds and automatically hosts to the best connection. It has been absolutely impossible to play group matches lately because I am either doing no damage, abilities won't work, unable to pick up drops and/or mobs glitching all over the place.

Something seriously needs to be implemented to fix this issue. We are tired of being forced to join hosts that still use dial up...

Same issue, but in a different way: I don't have a great internet connection, so in order to prevent any complaints from the other members of the team and for theyr ingame sake too, it's better if it would be anybody else than me hosting  the game.

In your options, set the ping limit lower. I have mine set to 150, although it can be harder to find games.

Doesn't help, I have mine set to 250 and I still run into laggy hosts from Asia. Also with the matchmaking the way it is now if you're rank 8 or above you'd probably never find an online match if you set it that low.

I have my ping threshold at 150 as well and I am finding matches when I do play in "Online" mode.  It really "just depends" what content you are trying to perform a random on and the time of the day.

Typically, I will recruit from my clan chat and my contacts to build up a group.  If you are not in a clan and do not have that many friends on your contact list, I am not sure of the workaround.  I play in "Private" mode a lot to allow clan members to freely jump in and when friends send me a tell then I can in-game extend an invite.

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement

I wish I had a DO NOT HOST button in my connection settings. I feel like I'm one of the problem hosts. The thing is, I have super fast fibre internet, but my hosting power is proportional to my FPS. As my framerate goes down, lag for my clients goes up. Thing is, my fps starts out fine in the lobby, so anyone with a ping limit would still get stuck to me, only to be brought in to lagworld once the killing starts.

The Ping Limiter does do something- it sets the maximum ping you can have with a host.

The problem is all ya'll think your lag is latency. It's not. It's insufficient bandwidth on the host.

I'm a vet of Vindictus which also does a party-leader-is-host setup. Party size is capped at 4, 6, or 8 depending on the mission, and without a certain amount of upstream bandwidth, you won't be able to host more than 2 (if you're lucky). I personally have reeeeeeally nice internet, to where I can host 8 on Vindi without issue.

A good, safe level is at least 200 Kbps up per player connecting to you. You can find out your up speed here: http://www.speedtest.net/

This is mostly an issue because the majority of ISPs give you all the down you want, but give you the finger when it comes to up- because outside of leader-hosting, p2p-hosting, and torrents, the requirements for upstream are quite low.

I play on a semi-decent laptop using my home wi fi. I run with low detail settings to get the best FPS that I can.

I ran that speedtest.net and got a result of 11.10 Mpbs upload. Does that mean I should be able to be a decent host? Up to this point, I have always tried to avoid being the host and join others. It's been very hit or miss for a good host.

Edited by Phrenic

In addition. My friend have very bad internet. So bad, that when he is hosting, game becomes insane lagfest. Yes, most of the time he dont need to be host, but he cant use his Void keys due to this problem. When party is ready, let host or others to chouse who will host. And as always, when the one, who used Void key disconnected, others will too.

In addition. My friend have very bad internet. So bad, that when he is hosting, game becomes insane lagfest. Yes, most of the time he dont need to be host, but he cant use his Void keys due to this problem. When party is ready, let host or others to chouse who will host. And as always, when the one, who used Void key disconnected, others will too.

I actually really like that idea.