Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode Modifiers: A Player-Controlled Solution

Kappatalist

Remember UT?  Of course you do.  Remember Halo?  Probably.  Both of these games had gameplay-altering bonuses, called Mutators and Skulls respectively, which were enabled by players before gameplay.

WARFRAME needs something like this.  Here's my idea for it:

Have a UI that allows the party leader to enable the following different Modifiers (and mind you, this is just my ideas for different Modifiers they could add, obviously somewhat inspired by Halo's Skulls, which worked pretty well).

Resolve: Players cannot revive each other in co-op.  Solo players fail the mission on death.

Blackout: Shields do not recharge normally.  Kill enemies to regain +X% of shields.

Vampire: Health is constantly draining.  Kill enemies to feed your health meter.

Speedrun: Mission must be completed in a certain amount of time.

Encumber: Weapons fire slower and reload slower.

Vanguard: Enemies are ~30 levels higher than normal.

Punisher: Heavy units spawn in excess.

Jammer: Each player will have one broken, unusable weapon.

Steel: Enemies' resistances are amplified, requiring specific elemental attacks to deal sufficient damage.

To encourage players to actually USE these various Modifiers, instead of "I turned one Modifier on now it's Nightmare mode gibe rewards plox huehuehue", there would be reward tiers.

TIER I Rewards: 3+ Modifiers

TIER II Rewards: 6+ Modifiers

TIER III Rewards: All Modifiers

Furthermore, the lobby screen would inform all players in the party what Modifiers are being applied to their next run, so the party leader doesn't screw anyone over with a surprise buttsex Tier III Nightmare run when everyone was expecting only Blackout to be on.

Would make mockups, but lazy.  Should be pretty easy to envision anyway.

Also, on a side note, that little squad status window that they added should show for all modes except Solo imo.

EDIT: In retrospect, should this be in UI Feedback, or is it fine here?

Edited by Kappatalist

the element of surprised and adaptation goes out the window if you do that.

part of the fun is to have variables thrown at you and working around it. not picking your build and weps and team comp for best results.

i can see things like "use these mutators and these frames, best way to farm X".

doesnt seem like that is the intent of this system.

Punisher plz.  I'd love to fight in a Grineer map filled with heavy units that give tons and tons of exp per kill.  Infested not so much.  Still, I like the idea of self added challenges instead of random challenges for better rewards.  Maybe also add in Drought which would halve how much ammo you get from ammo pickups or makes it so that they don't drop at all.  Maybe have a similar thing for energy and health so that you'd need a well put together party with energy syphon and other things to stay combat ready throughout the mission.

Also, on a side note, that little squad status window that they added should show for all modes except Solo imo.

especially liked this part... i already know what i'm using, so having that little window up in solo is kind of useless imo lmao.

that aside, it does need a wee bit of tweaking and half of mine are overlaid onto other players.. so i can't really read all the info there.

side not and totally off subject, but i liked how before u would still be viewing all the planet's maps while having the one's with members qued lit up.