Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Shotgun 9.1.4 Thread Merger

TheSeannachaidh

It's far too small and was immediately noticeable the moment I equipped it. Looks like one of those small plastic toy guns made for little kids so they wouldn't be too large for them.

My pistol is larger than my shotgun. Go figure.

So basically Sobek is an Hek with -40% dmg, +70% recharge time and +400% ammo capacity

edit: and auto-fire right?

No, it's a Braton with +400% damage, spread-fire pattern, +100% reload time, -75% fire rate, damage falloff, -25 clip size, and -75% ammo capacity.

Or maybe it's different from both of these.

Edited by krisp

No, it's a Braton with +400% damage, spread-fire pattern, +100% reload time, -75% fire rate, damage falloff, -25 clip size, and -75% ammo capacity.

Or maybe it's different from both of these.

Interesting way to put it.

Let's have more comparisons like this!

Incredibly OP, unblanaced, quite frankly puts every other shotgun to shame. Different playstyles? Absolutely! As strong as hek with 20 clip? What?

Simple maths:

Hek DPS - 2.2*140=308 (while clip is active)

Sobek DPS - 2.5*100=250 (while clip is active)

Lets calculate damage dealt in 30 seconds.

Hek:

30 seconds*2.2 rate=66 shots*140 damage per shot=9240 damage over 30 seconds

66 shots in 30 seconds, reload every 4 shots, 30/4=7.5, lets say 7 reloads during that time

7*2.15 second reload time=15.05 seconds spent reloading, hence youll actually shoot 33 shots and deal 4620 damage instead.

Sobek:

30*2.5 rate=75 shots*100 damage per shot=7500 damage over 30 seconds

75 shots in 30 seconds, reload every 20 shots,30/20=1.5, so pretty much reload once +half other clip

1*3,45 second reload time=3.45 seconds spent reloading, hence youll spend 26.5 seconds shooting and deal 26.5*2.5*100=6625 damage which is ~43% more than hek.

Now, this is just plain sustained DPS numbers, but when were talking about different targets it gets even uglier. Currently in the game enemies are pretty weak unless youre fighting level 100+ ones (which happens very rarely and only in high wave defenses and tier 3 void, most of the time spent in the game is during normal missions). Given the fact that with 100 base damage with a couple of weak mods every enemy will get 1 shot (latron is an example with ONLY 40 base damage, dont give me the accuracy crap, youre a space ninja and this isnt tower defense where youre sniping things, quite frankly you barely snipe in this game at all) which makes sobek incredibly versatile, think braton with 30 base damage and 90 base clip a.k.a jesus rifle.

Constantly 1 shot targets, barely need to reload, versatility. What you've done is made Hek have 20 clip. Hek hits hard, sobek is a different playstyle shotgun, 45 damage WAS ENOUGH, 60 was perfect, but 100? Are you serious?

Rank 11. Every melee leveled, every rifle leveled, every shotgun leveled, all major mods maxed.

tl;dr

100 base damage will 1 hit any enemy up to level ~50 in the game (90% enemies) as long as you have maxed point blank/fletchette (very, VERY easy to get and max), not to talk about hells chamber and other elemental mods, which makes Sobek insanely superior to any other shotgun in the game.

Sobek and other shotguns have completely different playstyles, sobek is more versatile withl less damage, meant for more weaker targets, Hek hits hard and is meant to take out heavier ones, shots are more precious, hence low clip.

Now Sobek has almost the same damage as hek (250 vs 308) but 5 times larger clip.

Lastly, Im not asking to make them even (Say make heks base clip 7 or 8) Im asking to make sobek different playstyle, which means 60 base damage is PERFECT with 20 clip.

td:dr v2: Sobek is hek on steroids.

Main suggestion, bring base damage back down to 60 which will make sobek a different shotgun (versatility vs damage(hek)).

Edited by Qynchou

Yeah but it would be nicer to have "roles" rather than straight up making Hek useless, I mean 250damage vs 308, come on thats practically the same and were comparing 20 clip vs 4. I dont mind OP weapons, its a PVE game, but Id like all weapons to be worth using (longshot I know :/)

The one thing that made the Sobek stand out was the fast reload speed, which made for some unique gameplay. Now, the reload speed is slow just like all the other shotguns. I'd honestly rather take the reduction in damage and have the reload speed...along with the large magazine it was low damage, but high sustain. It was perfect for spraying a bunch of knocked down fools after I pulled them with Mag.

Anyone agree?

I think clan weapons are supposed to be OP

I mean, who cares, we are just doing defense and void missions at this point anyway unless we need parts. we are all fighting the same stupid enemies.

Far as I know you just buy the Sobek bp from the market. Takes 5 neurodes which is pretty steep but it's a lot easier and faster to build than a clan weapon.

Yeah but it would be nicer to have "roles" rather than straight up making Hek useless, I mean 250damage vs 308, come on thats practically the same and were comparing 20 clip vs 4. I dont mind OP weapons, its a PVE game, but Id like all weapons to be worth using (longshot I know :/)

hek isn't useless, it has better ammo efficiency, also as I said I reload almost after every shot, I'm like that, can't do much about it, with braton I also don't go under 25ammo sometimes I already reload after 5s

so in the end for myself the dps is higher with the hek than with the sobek, since sobek has a 4s reload time, that's too much for me

The Sobek is exactly where it needs to be now, and is, in my opinion, probably the best shotgun available. Furthermore: it actually gained DPS, even with the additional reload speed. Here's the math:

9.1.3 Sobek:

Damage: 60

Rounds per second: 2.5

Rounds: 20

Reload: 2

Total iteration time: (20 / 2.5) + 2 = 10

Damage per iteration: 60 * 20 = 1200

Damage per second: 1200 / 10 = 120

Damage over 60 seconds: (60 / 10) * 120 = 720

9.1.4 Sobek:

Damage: 100

Rounds per second: 2.5

Rounds: 20

Reload: 3.5

Total iteration time: (20 / 2.5) + 3.5 = 11.5

Damage per iteration: 100 * 20 = 2000

Damage per second: 2000 / 11.5 = 173.91304

Damage over 60 seconds: (60 / 11.5.) * 173.91304 = 907.37238

To Hek users Hek would still be worth using. You are forgetting that Hek has more than a second faster reload time which is handy since some players aren't ALWAYS shooting. Some players like to take cover for shields to recharge, so a bigger magazine isn't that important.