The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Shotgun 9.1.4 Thread Merger

TheSeannachaidh

I feel as though the Sobek is now a balanced, competitive shotgun that fills an alternative role that the Hek doesn't.

The Sobek is a sustained dps, anti-crowd weapon that trades a decent amount of damage for a high amount of uptime.

The Hek is a burst dps, anti-boss weapon that deals more damage over a short period of time, but will have to be frequently reloaded.

Both weapons have a place in the game, and I will most certainly be Potatoing my Sobek now once I get a spare catalyst to spend on it.

The Sobek also feels worthy of being a Mastery 4 weapon now.

Edited by Haif

Reload is faster than every other shotgun...and you have to do it a fifth as often. I'm not sure you know what a 'shotgun' is...

Not true.

But you are correct that you have to reload less, but "reload speed" is the slowest of all the shotguns.

Edited by mogamu

To quote the wiki: Slowest reload of all shotguns.

see: "Things that change with hotfixes."

You're quoting a post made when it was in the 60 damage version. When it did in fact have the fastest reload...

The other part is still true though. You spend less time reloading, doing it a fifth as often.

If I use heck with 6 shots(with ammo stock) I have to reload 2 times to fire(18).  If I use a max rank ammo stock with sobek I can fire 32. You shouldn't have to reload load often at all with sobek and HEK would be the slowest reloading shotgun if you added up the number of reloads. 120/32=2 reloads total for 100% ammo used is an excellent weapon reload is basically only an issue if you skip ammo stock.

HEK requires 20=120/6 reloads to empty if you add up the time spent reloading you should be raging against the HEK and not sobek.

19x2.1=39.9 seconds reloading

4x3=12 seconds reloading

Data mined stats show https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Au6mBXle3cFtdHBYUzVJaDJfdkIzSEN1cUh5UlRvckE&f=true&noheader=false&gid=4

Sobek has 4 second reload speed, I am not sure who makes the wiki.

Edit: Didn't factor in that it doesn't need the first reload and it need 1 less for each.

Edited by LazyKnight

I love this Shotgun, LEAVE IT ALONE...

Be gone!!

Yeah, I like the direction DE took with the Sobek now. It almost feels like a shotgun Gorgon. High capacity, high damage, decent fire rate, slow reload.

If there were any possible changes in the future, I wouldn't mind an increased base capacity to truly make it a shotgun Gorgon. :)

Edited by DB-Tenno

Yeah, I like the direction DE took with the Sobek now. It almost feels like a shotgun Gorgon. High capacity, high damage, decent fire rate, slow reload.

If there were any possible changes in the future, I wouldn't mind an increased base capacity to truly make it a shotgun Gorgon. :)

or just a AA-12 Shotgun.. right now this weapons is perfectly balanced.

Strapping this thing with max magazine capacity and puncture mod will absolutely rip infested in half.

TBH, this thing is probably more useful then the Hek outside of boss battles. With 32 rounds, you don't even need to reload to clear an entire room.

• 5 weeks later...

I Just want to share my experience per update 9.6.1, hope this help you all. 

Sobek is a shotgun of Supra (with no flying time bullet), when you are done forma 2 times. Its overpowered for low-medium waves.. 1 shot for minions. 3-5 shots for heavy one. (put it ammo drum, you can kill a crowd) 

The PROS:

1. Its shotgun, you need less fusion cores than rifle (point blank) only require around 200 fusion cores to maxed out all mods, while rifle takes like around 800 fusion cores.

2. It has better dual mod (blaze) and (incre.blast) compare to rifle and pistol's dual mod

The CONS:

1. It takes 20-25 shot to take down heavy at high waves, which pistol is better now. (because of not initiate armor ignore)

2. since the new update, the bullet spread more. Need a close range for full damage.

3. Reload takes so much time, that even tactical pump still didnt make it good enough.

4. Annual event doesnt gave a reward special mod for shotgun, like prime chamber, shred.

5. When you are not the host, some bullet didnt make the hit. (need confirmation)

Conclusion:

Sobek is so much better for fast killing and crowd control compare to most rifles.

Compare to some rifles:

- Hek is good for 1 shot. but it takes time more for killing than sobek. hek need more reloads which sobek doesnt required.

- Gorgon is fluctuative. When is nerfed, become a crap. When buffed, thank God. But currently this is not an overpowered weapon.

- Flux rifle is a better primary due to a better range and armor ignore. (once fully forma 5 times) HOWEVER, when you are not the host, the elemental mod didnt stacked, shred, hammer shot not working properly (In progress for confirmation)

Please correct me if im wrong.