Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on External HD

Ghost_1302

Question

So I have warframe on steam and I keep my steam library on an external hard drive and whenever I unplug the HD and then put it back in warframe has to download like 3 GB through the launcher. Does any one know why? Or maybe what to do about it?

3 answers to this question

That has to do with the way Steam Client saves, loads, and stores the game data.  This doesn't happen with the regular DE client.  I only know this because I did the same with the DE client for my work PC.  :D

You could always switch to using just the DE client instead of using the Steam one.  The only drawback is not being able to buy new Tennogen and not having Steam Big Picture mode.  I myself prefer the DE client as it's smoother and doesn't have unneeded extra overlays.  

1 minute ago, Ghost_1302 said:

I tried copying the library folder into a de client folder (moving the game out of steam) but now it wants to download 14 GB, any ideas?

That's not the same.  Steam client and DE client are two different programs.  One relies on Steam to work and the other doesn't.  Moving the Steam data to another folder just makes Steam think that the game isn't there and will cause it to re-download the missing data.  

You get the DE client from here:  https://www.warframe.com/download