Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

U21: network not responding, chat flickering, matchmaking issues

Reverbman

Since new update, I experience new strange bugs:

1. "Network not responding":
Occurence: when returning to vessel from mission, 90% of the time, after about 5 seconds, lasts 5-10 seconds. Does not occur if mission is aborted, it seems - could be related to rewards.
People have been reporting this bug since 2014 apparently. I do not lose any rewards though. Just very annoying.
No network problems during missions.

2. Flickering icons and text:
Occurence: when I join dojo, relays, and when hosting mission - just when loading starts, 100% of the time.
Behavior: all chat icons flicker very quickly. Text in the center of the screen too. No impact, just strange.

3. Matchmaking:
When I join new missions (mostly play public), the matchmaking is failing much more than usual: about once every 5-10 games.
Sometimes returning to vessel with "Session not found", sometimes have to ALT-F4 after 2 minutes of waiting in loading screen.

Edit: this matchmaking issue has not happened today, could be unrelated.

I tried:
1. restarting router
2. restarting PC
3. verifying download cache from launcher
4. optimizing download cache from launcher
5. pinged google.com, 100% packets returned, max 30ms

No network problems whatsover when browsing, watching netflix.

Edited by Reverbman

I have  exact the same problem since the harrow updates except the matchmaking problems. After almost every mission, i would say 95%, i have "network not responding" when i am back in my landing craft for some seconds.  It´s so frustrating after a while. It just makes you stop playing the game. 

What i tried:

1. disabled firewall (just for testing)

2. disabled/deinstalled antivirus software

3. turning off direct x 10/11 in launcher

4. reinstalled the whole game

5. turning off IPv6 in the windows network settings

6. changed ports in warframe and opened in router

7. tried different graphic settings

8. verify download cache

9. optimize download cache

10. tried different regions

Nothing helped. So this must be the game.

I mean, come on DE. When will you finally stop with this buggy updates/patches/hotfixes? It´s not fair to the players after 4 years of warframe. And i have to say even a lil bit more to the players who support you with a lot of money. (like myself for a long time)

Please fix...

Edited by AgonoizeOP

I have this issue.  Whenever returning to ship I briefly get "Network Not Responding".  A friend and I are unable to squad together because of odd networking issues and this seems to be related.  I don't have a problem joining or even hosting public games at all. We never had this issue when we played 6-7 months ago, we are returning players but at this point returning doesn't seem to be ideal.