Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Covert Lethality for Shield Weapons

VenomousValentine

Just now, jragonsoul said:

...I don't think you get how well it did. Try that same test with an Atterax. I did, it "Kill's" faster only if you use rhinos 4 to CC. Realize you have to keep casting iron skin or hard CC them to not die. This weapon takes care of the CC requirements because it has it's own cc in continuous blast and knockdown. I really think you just want the weapon to be something it's not. But I could be wrong.

I don't know if you realize how busted the atterax is with maiming strike. I also think you're forgeting a tiny detail. It aoes better. It hits more things at once, which is one of the most important factors for a melee weapon.

2 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

It DOES fit the theming and playstyle of a sword and shield.

No, it doesn't.

It would be fitting for the rapiers and parrying daggers, but most of them are already decent.

Shields get block bonuses, two neat augments, and can still kill things. They're fine.

Do you know what a coup de gras is son?

Alright, three things.

1. Spell it properly.

2. It's rarely needed for large maces and axes, and was far more common for enemies wounded by gunfire or weapons that don't cause deathblows, like rapiers, daggers and lances.

3. Don't "son", son.

1 minute ago, PhillipJokar said:

Alright, three things.

1. Spell it properly.

2. It's rarely needed for large maces and axes, and was far more common for enemies wounded by gunfire or weapons that don't cause deathblows, like rapiers, daggers and lances.

3. Don't "son", son.

According to google both spellings are correct.

1 minute ago, VenomousValentine said:

I don't know if you realize how busted the atterax is with maiming strike. I also think you're forgeting a tiny detail. It aoes better. It hits more things at once, which is one of the most important factors for a melee weapon.

....I just said I used my atterax (that has multiple forma and a potato in it and YES I do have MS) and while it killed quicker it required you to actually CC and opposed to the S&A. It my not OMFGWTFPWN everything but it's damn good. If you only care about damage numbers then don't use it. It's simple.

Just now, jragonsoul said:

....I just said I used my atterax (that has multiple forma and a potato in it and YES I do have MS) and while it killed quicker it required you to actually CC and opposed to the S&A. It my not OMFGWTFPWN everything but it's damn good. If you only care about damage numbers then don't use it. It's simple.

But that's the thing, I care about damage numbers AND fun. And spamming slide attack isn't fun.

The silva and aegis are in fact fun. That's why i want them to be good.

Excuse me for wanting a MR12 weapon to be top tier.

4 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

But that's the thing, I care about damage numbers AND fun. And spamming slide attack isn't fun.

But, the silva and aegis is up there with the top tier. >_>

They are good. They can clear endgame level content in a reasonable amount of time, and in a mission they're oneshot viable.

3 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

There it is.

Not just viable, not just usable in all content, not just thematic

"top tier"

Thinking like this is why problems appear in the first place.

4 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

Dude, it IS good. Literally everyone in this thread is saying it's good, two warframe partners think is good, I showed a video of it destroying a group lvl 145 corrupted enemies after you complained they were only killing single 145's or lvl 50's. It doesn't have slash damage innately, so either play with a slash damage weapon or enjoy the S&A for what it is. A REALLY REALLY good (Best in class) Sword and Board weapon.

And numerous other weapons can do it better. Those are the ones that are top tier.

What's more top tier than 1 to 3 hits? it takes longer to individually 1 hit enemies with Covert Lethality. >_>

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

2 minutes ago, PhillipJokar said:

They are good. They can clear endgame level content in a reasonable amount of time, and in a mission they're oneshot viable.

There it is.

Not just viable, not just usable in all content, not just thematic

"top tier"

Thinking like this is why problems appear in the first place.

I don't know about you but I think it is top tier. They aren't wanting top tier, they are wanting Naramon + atterax = OP it seems.

2 minutes ago, jragonsoul said:

I don't know about you but I think it is top tier. They aren't wanting top tier, they are wanting Naramon + atterax = OP it seems.

I agree.

Like I said, some people seem to think that having a choice of weapon shouldn't matter at all and to have all their stats match up while being able to oneshot the whole game.

Soon we won't even have to control our warframes, we can just sit back and watch the game on autopilot.

1 minute ago, PhillipJokar said:

I agree.

Like I said, some people seem to think that having a choice of weapon shouldn't matter at all and to have all their stats match up while being able to oneshot the whole game.

Soon we won't even have to control our warframes, we can just sit back and watch the game on autopilot.

Kind of already have that.

Looking at you Octavia.

Oh I thought you were talking about the other guy.

I mean S#&$ you guys have these weapons, I don't have good recording software. Test if your yourselves and see.

Not to mention my hardware can't handle it.

I have, I showed you, your response was other weapons do it better. I also tested on of the best weapons in the game and you need A LOT more CC to makes use of it's more damage. You then say damage is king but miss the point of this weapon being nearly as good with damage and better without CC. I don't know what you want at this point.

1 minute ago, jragonsoul said:

I have, I showed you, your response was other weapons do it better. I also tested on of the best weapons in the game and you need A LOT more CC to makes use of it's more damage. You then say damage is king but miss the point of this weapon being nearly as good with damage and better without CC. I don't know what you want at this point.

The CC thing is literally irrelevant, considering late game, if you're not CCing everything you're doing it wrong. 

The CC thing is literally irrelevant, considering late game, if you're not CCing everything you're doing it wrong. 

So just bring the atterax or galatine prime, since later game if you don't have slash you're doing it wrong.