Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Research Shotguns Need Some Luvin Too.

DoMe_22_

You do need to realize that for both Corpus and Grineer, any weapon they add to research or market, theyd need to make a new unit that does that too. Ignis and Ogris used by Scorcher and Bombard. The Prova being the only exception if only because it's the improved Tenno version of the Prod.

(Not sure on Flux rifle, it seems to be what the Fusion MOA use)

I don't know about you, I love the idea of an explosive shotgun. but I hate the idea of having to deal with Grineer with an Explosive Shotgun

Though they might break the trend if they do actually give us Tenno weapons made from reserach of the others like the Bio Weapons.

You do need to realize that for both Corpus and Grineer, any weapon they add to research or market, theyd need to make a new unit that does that too. Ignis and Ogris used by Scorcher and Bombard. The Prova being the only exception if only because it's the improved Tenno version of the Prod.

I don't know about you, I love the idea of an explosive shotgun. but I hate the idea of having to deal with Grineer with an Explosive Shotgun

Though they might break the trend if they do actually give us Tenno weapons made from reserach of the others like the Bio Weapons.

Corpus don't have Lanka, Spectra, and Flux. What i was saying was an Ogris but at much much smaller scale. Little explosive shells. And it is related to the bombard units. It is not out of context. Also Infested do not use Weapons your point is invalid...yet they tie in with the theme. So explosives ties in with Chem labs. Get it?

Edited by DoMe_22_

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/66554-five-shotgunweapon-requests-shotguns-are-multi-purpose-weapons-after-all/

These are a few shotguns (and a grenade launcher) I have suggested in the Fan Concepts zone. All of which seem fairly plausible in the game's universe.

Variable Focus Particle Dispersion Gun "Arka"
Faction: Corpus
Function: A unique spread weapon that when fired while not focused, will unleash a short-range blast of superheated charged particles, but when focused (that's charged), will fire a concentrated medium-range blast of charged particles in a beam-like fashion for more concentrated damage on target. The charged shot provides the same amount of damage, just in a concentrated form.

Lightning Dispersion Shotgun "Tarsa"
Faction: Corpus
Function: Chain lightning weapon that can charge up to fire a concentrated ball lightning which penetrates foes. Charging does not increase damage, but changes how it is delivered. The ball lightning will penetrate multiple foes and dissipate in charge. Deals fire and electrical damage at the same time due to flash burns.

Multi-shot Grenade Launcher "Lamia"
Faction: Grineer
Function: Essentially a short-range multi-shot grenade launcher (That means semi-auto, not multiple grenades at once). Long reload time, but excellent crowd control. Grenades explode after time expires or upon contact with target. Not a shotgun, but draws from the shotgun ammo pool.

Bola Shotgun "Python"
Faction: Grineer
Function: Fires wire-bolas that cut through enemies. Should cut through multiple enemies. The wide projectile has a sharp dropoff due to weight.

Saw Cannon "Theron"
Faction: Tenno
Function: Fires a bladed disc that functions much like the "Glaive". Can bounce multiple times but loses velocity greatly with each bounce. Under a certain velocity, the disc falls to the ground and fizzles away. Classified under shotgun because ammunition pool for shotguns makes the most sense for the weapon.

Anyone ever use the Bio Rifle in UT2004? I want that as the 'Infested Shotgun' just shoots this huge splatter of acid blobs that stick to enemies and surfaces, dealing poison damage over time. That would be pretty great.

For energy weapons a sort of Scatter Blaster that's basically just a laser shotgun would be cool, give it a HUGE spread, but make it have NO FALL OFF. Use it as a huge crowd-damaging weapon, no precision, just mob-blasting.

For Grineer...we already have the Hek, Strun, and Sobek, all weapons used by Grineer, I'd say we're fine there.

signed just a few thoughts.

Zylo the Wolfbane

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the Fomorian Event? The Grineer Eviscerator used a shotgun-looking weapon that fired blades similar to mini-glaives, armor-ignoring with a decent stagger chance. If they decide to bring these guys back, we may have hope for a Grineer research "shotgun" in the future!

Bring back the Grineer Eviscerator!

Remember the Fomorian Event? The Grineer Eviscerator used a shotgun-looking weapon that fired blades similar to mini-glaives, armor-ignoring with a decent stagger chance. If they decide to bring these guys back, we may have hope for a Grineer research "shotgun" in the future!

Bring back the Grineer Eviscerator!

It's not a chemical or poison weapon so it shouldn't be research-only.

• 1 month later...

Shotgun that shoots poison needles sounds op... Although i dont see stats so i cant complain about it being op, but i love shotguns as well, maybe grineer one? They are lacking research weapons right now, two birds one stone, is that how you use that sentence?