Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Cunning Drift Test Bug (Mission and The Second Dream Quest)

Altasol

Same issue happened to my team last night running for one of our clan members.

Some things we noticed that haven't been mentioned in the thread.

First you can stand inside the blue "shield" area, and your warframe will not take damage from the eye blast. by standing on the little lip of the pilliar area you can avoid all damage and just stand there like a goober

Second if you manage to find the right spot for the eye blast to hit, the pillar will light up brighter, each hit will make the pillar brighter and brighter to the point of blinding light. (we had a stubborn member sit there and hit the pillar for 20 mins straight.) 

There is no way to progress the story this is a major blocker to the games progress and prevents one of our clan from reaping the benifits of this specific quest reward. 

I confirm the problem with the quest.
I tried to pass the quest for three hours. Other players helped. Useless. 

If you rotate the camera so that the camera angle is from the tower (from its shield), then the eye completely stops attacking - hangs.

Sometimes attacks pass through shields, if the warframe crouch and climb into the broken tower. But he kills only the character.

4 hours ago, Physicist3D said:

I am having the same issue , can't progress any further , so annoying should I start new topic to pressure them more to release horrid for this or this thread is sufficient

not sure how this works actually this is my first post :D

I too have the same problem. been trying to get it done for 2 hours straight now by checking different angles, trying to let it hit the other side of the pillar, getting different people to help me out, me joining their parties to get it done and just fooling around for 15 minutes. Sadly, nothing worked so far.

Same bug here and for a friend of mine who is unable at the moment to complete the quest, yesterday he asked me to help, believing he was doing something wrong, icame to help and while i've completed this test several times without problems in the past, i've been absolutly unable to complete this test, later i tried solo on Lua with the "Cunning drift" trial, same thing went on, the AI Eye doesn't make any damage, no matters on me or the pillars, and the pillars become blue until it gets almost impossible to watch them on the screen.

There is a huge bug with this and i think you should watch and fix it really fast, people are getting really angry cause of this, i've met few more people stuck at the same point in the quest, they're not gonna wait for months...

Was about to post this here too. It looks like the bug might have something to do with the way the room is triggered (both caps for the waterfalls are blown up automatically, plus there is a delay in spawning the security drone when you step in the circle), at least that's the only explanation I can give. The "roots" or whatever you'd call the white orokin structures keep their shields up for the entire duration with no way to shut them off.

As a side note, it's not just the scanner that makes you unable to be hurt, rolling has a similar effect.

Yep, there are many people having the same issue. Hopefully, DE will do something about it ASAP. I've been working hard to get to this specific quest and now that I'm here, I can't finish it. 

1 hour ago, DavyJonesBooty said:

Was about to post this here too. It looks like the bug might have something to do with the way the room is triggered (both caps for the waterfalls are blown up automatically, plus there is a delay in spawning the security drone when you step in the circle), at least that's the only explanation I can give. The "roots" or whatever you'd call the white orokin structures keep their shields up for the entire duration with no way to shut them off.

As a side note, it's not just the scanner that makes you unable to be hurt, rolling has a similar effect.

Yeah, a lot of people have mentioned not being able to get hurt by the eye's beam. It's just strange that this bug came after a hotfix that seemingly had nothing to do with this quest line. On top of that, I even had an enemy flail around like they do in games like Goat Simulator. I've never seen that happen in this game. 

I'm pretty upset about this as I have spent a lot of time working to get to this specific quest only to not be able to finish it. My husband finished the quest line about a week ago and told me I should get there because it's a nice story and whatnot. So, I worked hard to get here, only to be not able to finish it and wait who knows how long for a fix.

On a lighter note, when there IS a fix, I will be able to do it no problem. I became quite good at getting the eye to hit the pillars with his beams, hahaha.