Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player looking for a few specific tips

(PSN)ronin0510

Question

Hello fellow tenno lol. So I have been playing just over 10hrs. I'm really enjoying the game but there are a couple of things I haven't figured out. I have maxed excalibur, latron and dual heat swords. I now know I can't get excalibur prime but I really enjoyed the way excalibur plays. What would be a good warframe to pursue next? Same question for the Latron,  is there another dmr that I could start looking for?  Thanks in advanced. 

Edited by (PS4)ronin0510
Stupid autocorrect

6 answers to this question

Tennis? Latrine? 

BOOBEN.png

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ronin0510 said:

Hello fellow tennis lol. So I have been playing just over 10hrs. I'm really enjoying the game but there are a couple of things I haven't figured out. I have maxed excalibur, latrine and dual heat swords. I now know I can't get excalibur prime but I really enjoyed the way excalibur plays. What would be a good warframe to pursue next? Same question for the Latron,  is there another dmr that I could start looking for? Thanks in advanced. 

Jokes aside it really comes down to how you like playing. Rhino is a pretty good frame to use as a beginner. His abilities allow you to stay alive, and Warframe[the game] doesn't have drawbacks to the classes like other games would have - So he can bounce and jump with the best of them.

I run banshee (the most biscuit frame in the game) and have no issue with her survivability, the bulk of the playerbase however find her to be way too squishy so don't run her. So over time you'll find which one best suits you! :)

As for the weapon, pretty sure the Sybaris is the best of it's class - Grouped together with its 'dex', and 'prime' variant'. But it is MR locked to MR5. It has a burst fire rate instead of a single shot, but the grouping is really tight, so if you aim at the centre of an enemy all the shots should hit.

Lol stupid autocorrect.  Sorry about that. Thanks for the tips.I will start working towards that frame and gun. When should I start messing around with forma? Also should I use forma with my maxed weapons and warframe?

Edited by (PS4)ronin0510

A good warframe to get early on is Rhino, as he is the first available (Venus) and he is a good tank in the beginning for when enemies hit harder. In terms of DMRs Latron is already pretty high up there, you might try Tiberon if you are also into burst weapons, though that requires sacrificing your Latron. I don't know what MR that requires, but Stradavar could also be a weapon you could try, it can switch between auto and semi-auto mode. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ronin0510 said:

Lol stupid autocorrect.  Sorry about that. Thanks for the tips.I will start working towards that frame and gun. When should I start messing around with forma? Also should I use forma with my maxed weapons and warframe?

You want to stick potatoes on your frame/weapon first. After that it generally comes down to how you want to build. So i'd wait until your mods were higher levels. I'd prefer to equip new mods as i got them then needing to build around new mods constantly.

At the beginning, you shouldn't really need to invest so much into forma'ing stuff. But when you have a lot of maxed mods (serration, vitality etc.) then you can start to see what sort of tradoffs you want to make with how you build your frame.

I run my banshee as a sonar build, so i've forma'd it to favour damage/range and duration, the trade off being power efficiency in both cases.

So max your mods first ;)