Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Drops: Uncommon Vs Rare

MrTetsuo

It took me 2 nights to scrape up 600 Plastids for the Nova. It amazed me how slow it was progressing, so I decided to take some notes today.

This is from 4 Xini runs, one up to wave 10, the rest leaving at 5. Then one regular mission in Eris. I had loot radar and hit every container and locker in sight. It also means I didn't loose a single drop within radar range.

Nano Spores/Plastids/Neurodes

Run 1: 2967/17/0 (10 waves)

Run 2: 1229/0/0

Run 3: 1044/0/0

Run 4: 700/0/0/1

Run 5: 748/0/0 (regular mission)

In about 45 minutes I got:

- all of the Nano Spores to craft any item one item that requires it (ranges from 200-6000)

- between 20% and 100% Neurodes to craft any one item (the large majority of Neurodes requirements is 2, so that would be 50%)

- between 2% and 7% of the Plastids needed to craft any one item (the average requirement is 338, which means I got 5% of what I would need in average).

I stopped this because it's in line with what I experienced for 2 nights. Maybe not be a sampling size of statistical value, but if you have better numbers, by all means, prove me wrong.

Thanks and hope this can get some dev love.

defense has never been about resources. and you would need more than one mission to get a good idea of regular missions.

you also need to explore the whole map to find all the containers and lockers. if you do that you find more. i find 1-2 almost every mission. sometimes more.

i've been farming plastids for 2 days as well. i was close to buiilding the flux rifle. Today i spent most my day on xini and did some pluto defense to switch things up. I sadly received NO PLASTIDS today at all. i got 300 plastids yesterday. the amount of plastids needed is no where near adequate considering how heavily needed they are these days for clan research and stuff.

I have more nano spores then i need. i could solo build a moon clan dojo with nano spores, its ridiculous

defense has never been about resources. and you would need more than one mission to get a good idea of regular missions.

you also need to explore the whole map to find all the containers and lockers. if you do that you find more. i find 1-2 almost every mission. sometimes more.

This is not correct. Resource drop rate has no relation with the type of map (they are the same, regardless of map type). Xini has also a considerable amount of containers and lockers, all of which were opened during my runs.

Besides, before U9, I used to get 2-5 Plastid drops from every Xini run. I got a single one out of 5 missions.

Defenses (except for the faboulous U9 weekend) are not made for resource-farms :) The resources dropped there are just a neat side effect to me. 

When I go to farm resources, I do a non-NM raid and don't do objective. Also I equip myself with nuff ammopacks to slaughter my way through :)

Best bet for me is Loki with maxed Cont/Stream/Thief's Wit and Masterthief (plus Invis, Decoy and Switch) as well as maxed Syphon (mb add in some situational stuff). Weapons use what u like, I go with any main, despair, hate.

First X-ing I encounter that leads another way than objective, I go there, until ways are all blocked. Back and continue this at the next X-ing. Yes, you need some time, but it's better than re-doing lvl 5 defenses all over and over and over... 

Protip: Youtube-search for the secret rooms. Many are hidden only on the first glimpse and easily reached by wallrun/jumps. Those rooms are full of lockers and containers. Thief's Wit helps discovering them, when you see 10 yellow dots just up/down of your position, thats a spot for a hidden room :)

I don't think xini is a good place for looking for plastids. go to the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Plastids

There is a gathering tip section that tells you the hot spots for plastids. If the gathering tips aren't up to date, the comments are under the gathering tips and they usually discuss various places and techniques for finding resources.

Thanks for the tips, but I farmed 9.2k plastids in Xini for all of the  clan tech guns. It never took me that long to scrape a few hundred of them. I also never claimed it's the best place and I knew it wasn't (I prefer Xini for the combination of mods/resources/tower keys). My point is about how crap the drop rates are now.

Case in point, most of the top comments in the wiki are exactly about how hard it is to get Plastids after U9. The pre U9 drop rates mentioned in these comments are also inline with what I used to get: 2-5 drops per run (that is between 30-80).

Edited by MrTetsuo