Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updates downloading way too slow

King_drex666

Question

why is it that the updates are downloading way too slow on my computer now and its recent since the harrow 21.0.4 after that all i am getting is like max ok 10KB/s at the download and before anyone points out that this might be a router issue or anything, i tried to do the upload on my home PC which is on the same network, the download speed i got was 400KB/s. I saw a previous thread about this matter too,but there was no solution there and it had been archived. Please DE fix this kind of thing from the launcher, also most of the time if this slow speed things become consistent i will just get the error message of "some of the update cant be downloaded please try again later."

5 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, King_drex666 said:

before anyone points out that this might be a router issue or anything

But it is very likely to be your issue because most people get perfectly fine download speeds.  That and the region from which you are downloading are the biggest factors when downloading something.

Now if the forums were absolutely flooded with complaints on low download speeds then it is possible its on DE's side of things, but 1 or 2 here and there just means those people have networking issues or low regional speeds that DE cannot control.

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

But it is very likely to be your issue because most people get perfectly fine download speeds.  That and the region from which you are downloading are the biggest factors when downloading something.

Now if the forums were absolutely flooded with complaints on low download speeds then it is possible its on DE's side of things, but 1 or 2 here and there just means those people have networking issues or low regional speeds that DE cannot control.

then why does my another computer is downloading the updates at 300+KB/s and while my laptop is keep getting halted at the checking for new content on the launcher

2 hours ago, King_drex666 said:

then why does my another computer is downloading the updates at 300+KB/s and while my laptop is keep getting halted at the checking for new content on the launcher

First computer = good

Second computer = bad

two different computers, two different connections to a network, two different sets of hardware components.  I've seen similar problems in my own home, where one computer is slow while another gets good connection.  I reset the router and it speeds up the second computer.

The solution to every problem is not "Tell the developers of the game I play to fix it for me."