The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

BSOD 9/10 times when closing Warframe

Cineri

This is starting to get on my nerves. Used to happen before I stopped playing for a year, and I've only been back for a day, and it's already happened twice.

Why in the everloving f---- is Warframe causing the 'ERR_REFERENCE_BY_POINTER' Blue Screen of Death on Windows 10 STILL, 1 WHOLE YEAR LATER?!

17 hours ago, WarmMllk said:

This is starting to get on my nerves. Used to happen before I stopped playing for a year, and I've only been back for a day, and it's already happened twice.

Why in the everloving f---- is Warframe causing the 'ERR_REFERENCE_BY_POINTER' Blue Screen of Death on Windows 10 STILL, 1 WHOLE YEAR LATER?!

BSOD's are either issues with Windows, or faulty hardware.

You can look up Bluescreenview which will allow you to take a look at the minidump created with a BSOD (dll's in the crash stack should be highlighted in red, and they may be the problem), otherwise, you're better off getting someone to look at the actual crash dump to find out what is wrong with your system.

Sometimes it can just be dodgy RAM, despite the ram passing every test known to man.

21 hours ago, WarmMllk said:

Strange, I'm running a new system that is about a week old, so for it to be having problems already is a bit weird.

Did you bring forward any of the components (M/K included)? Was it a fresh windows install? Did you move any files from the old PC to the new one? Do you have an active AV solution?

A quick google shows that the BSOD error listed is either driver related, or virus related (it is a windows bugcheck, something is lying to windows basically). Warframe isn't a virus (unless you got it from somewhere else), and Warframe has no drivers. It uses drivers already present however. 

So run a malwarebytes scan, or use the tool above to try and determine what driver is crashing the issue (the tool only looks at minidumps).

Edited by MillbrookWest