Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pistol Riven failed to unlock

webkilla

Question

The other day I got a nice lil veiled pistol riven from sorties - neato

To unlock it, the instructions read: Sustain a 3x melee combo multiplier for 30 seconds with an active pet present

So I unfrose my catbro, put on my venka prime (because faster multiplier), modded the venka prime with maxed out body count and drifting contact to better hold that combo meter... and I got my 3.25x multiplier after 40-some hits during a defence mission

I had even prepared a timer to count down the 30 seconds

but the damn thing did NOT unlock. Please advice. I am 100% certain that I got my 30 seconds of 3x or higher multiplier time, I had my catbro on... what the heck?

Please advice. I'm reluctant to bother trying unlocking this riven again if it'll keep bugging out

9 answers to this question

Hello,

did you equip the riven mod on your secondary ? If the mod isn't equipped, it wont unlock. You can check in mission by pressing P there is a pop-up for riven challenge similar to the affinity challenge that appears after the affinity one.

Cordially

I think the simple solution is just to use a different melee weapon. Unmodded mk-1 Bo will do the trick.

Maybe there's a bug with the Venka prime where instead of 3x, you have to sustain 4x due to the way the combo counter increases. You can test it out and submit a bug report so more players don't experience the same problem.

I've heard that the Riven doesn't work properly with Venka Prime. Apparently you have to get it higher when using Venka Prime than you do with any other melee weapon. Presumably this means that the game isn't checking the actual Combo Counter damage multiplier; instead, it's probably checking the Hit Counter, and when you get enough hits to get to 3x, a counter starts. If the counter resets, it likely also knocks the timer for the Riven back to 0. If this is the case, then Venka Prime is going to need 135 hits to get the timer to start up. I want to say that this requires a 4x multiplier, but I'm not 100% sure that's what Venka Prime will be at after 135 hits.