Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing Polarity Too "expensive"?

zelgaris

Let me start with mentioning this little thread I wrote down back in the days, when we had no information about the possibility to change it. Thoughts On Mods (Capacity, Polarity, Slots), Motivation, Challenges, Gamestyles And Endgame... - Polarity section in the opening post (read through it, if you're interested)

I am mentioning the thread, because I would still like to see some kind of alternative to the current polarity changing option (such as special one time use mod or item). Why? I consider the current option too "expensive".

I am not talking about the need of Forma, but how changing polarity makes the warframe/weapon unusable and forces the player to grind it back. In my opinion the real "cost" here is too big for a simple change of polarity.

In case of warframe, you die to quickly or you can play easier missions, in that case leveling the same warframe over again is just not fun (it is hardly fun when doing it with other warframes, but at least you are adding affinity to the global rank and you use different set of powers).

In case of a weapon, we all know, how much mods affect damage and basic usability of a weapon. Strip them down and again you have to re run the easier missions.

And let's not talk about logic and lore here - I assume it can be explained, but it doesn't have much sense the same way building a Twin Vipers from two individual Viper pistols cost money, time (12 hours) and additional resources (it is there only to fit the system, yet it is stupid - because you know, you just take the two pistols instead of one...).

Possible solutions:

- Change the current system from "completely resetting the rank" to "reduce the rank to 15" - so you have to regrind a bit, yet you are not stripped from all the powers and mods.

- Add an alternative way to change the polarity, e.g. through item or one time use mod (see the thread mentioned above). It can look like this:

wf-polarity-changer.jpg

What do you think?

I think it's fair way as it is now, if you want to create a powerfull weapon, polarize it and rank it back to 30. Some ppl do it even 4-5 times, just to create beasts like 4 times polarized and fully maxed out HEK for example.

If you don't want to rank it back to 30 on your own, simply play mobile deffense and take solid pistol, kill with it and your party will rank up your main gun for you - as long as you keep on killing stuff, it doesn't matter with what you do so.

Current system is based on Prestige mod, it has to be rewarding, and it can't be for free. You have to put the time in your weapon to make it perfect and to max it out.

I think you're lazy.

^

I appreciate your opinion, yet I obviously I can't agree with you.

I love this game, playing it few hours each day and I understand the necessity of some kind of grinding.

But the difference is that normally you grind for progress, while in this case, you grind to recover the lost progress. I don't mind some loss, yet I think losing the whole progress with weapon/warframe is just too much.

Also I just love, when you have more ways to achieve something (that's why I mentioned the other thread).

I appreciate your opinion, yet I obviously I can't agree with you.

I love this game, playing it few hours each day and I understand the necessity of some kind of grinding.

But the difference is that normally you grind for progress, while in this case, you grind to recover the lost progress. I don't mind some loss, yet I think losing the whole progress with weapon/warframe is just too much.

Also I just love, when you have more ways to achieve something (that's why I mentioned the other thread).

I still see it as progress even with it being reduced to unranked. And ranking it back up will always be faster than the last since you can put more mods in faster.

Here's what I am looking at:

Hit 30.

Slap Forma on.

Change slot to whatever you want it to be.

Become 0.

Slap in whatever Aura fits the slot.

Receive up to 14 energy.

Install Redirection.

Install one ability.

Have no problem leveling.

Hit 30.

Slap Forma on.

Become 0.

Receive up to 14 energy.

Install Redirection.

Install one ability.

That's a good point actuallly, yet, considering the fact the auras were behaving completely different a day ago, I wouldn't be that surprised, when tomorrow we have auras without any energy at all.

Also, this is somehow a solution only for a warframe, not for weapons.

Edited by zelgaris

Hit 30.

Slap Forma on.

Become 0.

Receive up to 14 energy.

Install Redirection.

Install one ability.

13738924154604.gif

Thats the point.

Edited by LordSebastian