The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Can Has Nekomimi Helm For Nova?

Rengakun

And I don't agree that it would break immersion. Almost every Frame has influence from various animals. How feline influence makes a difference is beyond me. The problem is, just like in every other discussion on this forum, people are incapable of thinking outside of the box.

Well, I'll repeat myself--if Mynki were going to design a feline Warframe, it wouldn't look like an anime girl with cat ears.  It would be a more sinewy, organic form.

Mynki is influenced by anime and japanese pop culture, for sure.  The whole warframe concept looks like the old Guyver suits from the 80's, and the whole concept is more akin to Power Rangers than real Ninjas from feudal times.  None of that is related to cute leek-spinning little girls from harem animes though.  He'd probably stay more in the Evangelion area of design.

You're raging out of spite. Very mature, good to know.

No, I'm mildlyannoyed-ing because a bunch of fetishists and tasteless imbeciles are trying to shove their fetishes and bad taste into a game that I enjoy.

Perhaps if they'd had the common decency to not bring up their love of masturbating to underage cartoon characters and S#&$ty fanservice or filled every single comment with mind-numbing weaboo moe uguu~ nonsense, I would not have noticed that they are horrible excuses for human beings and therefore not be so averse to their suggestion. As it stands, I want them to stop playing Warframe and go back to /a/ where they belong.

Well, I'll repeat myself--if Mynki were going to design a feline Warframe, it wouldn't look like an anime girl with cat ears.  It would be a more sinewy, organic form.

If you'd read the thread, you'd know that everyone already understands this. In fact, a few people made it pretty clear.

If you'd read the thread, you'd know that everyone already understands this. In fact, a few people made it pretty clear.

Alternately, both of us have read the thread and noticed that just as many people are clamoring for catgirl fanservice masturbation material as are for a reasonable cat-themed Warframe.

How many people asking for this do you think would be as happy with a male cat-frame?

Alternately, both of us have read the thread and noticed that just as many people are clamoring for catgirl fanservice masturbation material as are for a reasonable cat-themed Warframe.

How many people asking for this do you think would be as happy with a male cat-frame?

Exactly this!  Just because FatalX7 and a few others have voiced their opinions doesn't mean that This Thread Is Now Decided. As the weabooing continues, so must the counter-argument.  

"*whinnnnne* Why doesn't anyone listen to meeeeeeeeh?"   :D

Try not to be so overly analytical, it makes you look ignorant. This thread was meant to be a simple, fun discussion. Now it's serious business out the wazoo up in here, for whatever god forsaken reason. Desperation? Probably.

And the discussion isn't about a male frame, now is it? Probably because that'd be weird. But probably not as weird as Male Ember in MC Hammer pants.

Holy crap you guys are just being unnecessarily rude now. If you read the posts then the only option left is you didn't see the difference between joking around, random comments, and side-talk (which, granted, there was a hell of a ton of side talk) and the intentions of the design so I've pulled together the posts you needed to pay attention to. It averages about 1 post per page (not counting the arguing) so I understand your difficulty in not seeing or remembering them. If you still feel the need to name-call and make kindergarten-like taunts then there is no more I can do for you and I'm sorry I can't make it clearer. This is the core of the thread and I'm willing to bet the OP would agree:

I'm for it! Though I assume you don't mean literal cat ears but a functional(ish) looking cat ear helmet

Yup!

It has to be something that fits with the current model of Nova!

DE_Rebecca will be pleased. :)

Find and Artist to draw a rough sketch of Novacat. Might as well.

Well, that was quite a lot of haters.

As they say, Haters gonna hate.

All I want is a Nekomimi Helmet for Nova.

It's about the cats. It does not have to force a person to go all "OMG IT'S SO CUTE". It simply needs to make the Cat Lovers out there very happy.

It will be designed to fit into the game. It won't be like those Koreans. It will be a Badass Nekomimi that is still cute.

DE_Rebecca herself kept joking about Cat Warframes.

Why would one quit a game over Cats/Mildly Cute Things? Perhaps one would not want to be viewed as a childish person? If so, one must learn that not everything is childish, despite what it seems like.

Regardless, we still have quite a lot of support for Novacat. Looks like we may get one in the future. :3

We don't have any frames with cat/bunny ears. We have one that looks like a chicken, a teenager with headphones, a crabhead, a dude with a women's stilleto strapped upside down on his forehead, lobster tail, choo choo train, etc.

This helmet, like all the others are optional. I don't have a problem with cat or bunny ears. Just keep it elegant and minimal like most of the models in Warframe. Nothing over the top and distracting.

XD

The cat ears don't have to be furry and pink on the insides and twitch whenever Nova is feeling happy. They can just be protrusions from a more feline-shaped helmet. Tactical purpose of the ears? Same utility as Loki's, Excalibur and Saryn's horns I guess.

Before this turns into an angry debate, my suggestion would be making a feline esque helmet aka zone of the enders frame ears. If you check how jehuty/anubis have desert fox esque ears, that would be the style to go with.

Edited by 7.T.

Holy crap you guys are just being unnecessarily rude now. If you read the posts then the only option left is you didn't see the difference between joking around, random comments, and side-talk (which, granted, there was a hell of a ton of side talk) and the intentions of the design so I've pulled together the posts you needed to pay attention to. It averages about 1 post per page (not counting the arguing) so I understand your difficulty in not seeing or remembering them. If you still feel the need to name-call and make kindergarten-like taunts then there is no more I can do for you and I'm sorry I can't make it clearer. This is the core of the thread and I'm willing to bet the OP would agree:

That does help reduce the signal-to-noise ratio, thanks!  I had considered the thread as a whole and my reaction was as someone who had come in after reading seven pages of horrible ideas. 

I think that cat ears would make an already-maligned (as far as aethetics go) warframe look even more cutesy and out-of-character for Warframe than it already does.  Then again, having that sort of tragedy constrained to a single warframe might be a good compromise.

I think a feline-themed Warframe is a fine idea though.  Who knows where Mynki will head next.

I think instead of making this a helm for nova, we make a whole new warframe based on melee damage (claws) and other abilities you might expect a cat to have. To me, this doesn't fit with nova, but a cat warframe might make a bit more sense with cat-like abilities.

Edited by Commander_Snake_Eyes

That does help reduce the signal-to-noise ratio, thanks!  I had considered the thread as a whole and my reaction was as someone who had come in after reading seven pages of horrible ideas. 

I think that cat ears would make an already-maligned (as far as aethetics go) warframe look even more cutesy and out-of-character for Warframe than it already does.  Then again, having that sort of tragedy constrained to a single warframe might be a good compromise.

I think a feline-themed Warframe is a fine idea though.  Who knows where Mynki will head next.

Thank you for this response. I understand what you mean and I too think it would be more feasible overall to have an optional alt helm like this than to make a whole Warframe. At the same time, while I don't think they will, I personally think they could come up with something that could make you think more along the lines of a black panther instead of a cute kitten when you saw it

Edited by 7.T.

Yeah, no, cherry picking the seven almost-kind-of-good posts in the thread does not invalidate the majority of the thread that was awful, or that the basic premise of the thread is "anime catgirl". That is what "Nekomimi" means.

If you want a cat warframe, ask for a cat warframe. But don't do it in such a way that you're encouraging people who all-but-admitted that they want one because it's something they can masturbate to.

Try not to be so overly analytical, it makes you look ignorant. This thread was meant to be a simple, fun discussion. Now it's serious business out the wazoo up in here, for whatever god forsaken reason. Desperation? Probably.

And the discussion isn't about a male frame, now is it? Probably because that'd be weird. But probably not as weird as Male Ember in MC Hammer pants.

How the hell does being "analytical" make me look ignorant? Do you know what words mean? Have you heard of language? It was invented a few tens of thousands of years ago, maybe you should try to stick with the times.

What would be weird about it? If people just want a cat warframe, the gender shouldn't matter. Male cat should be as good as female cat. If they want a cyborg catgirl waifu, though, then the gender matters.

How the hell does being "analytical" make me look ignorant? Do you know what words mean? Have you heard of language? It was invented a few tens of thousands of years ago, maybe you should try to stick with the times.

What would be weird about it? If people just want a cat warframe, the gender shouldn't matter. Male cat should be as good as female cat. If they want a cyborg catgirl waifu, though, then the gender matters.

Did you just ignore the most important thing in Fatal's post?

Let's take it back a bit.
Why a cat helmet for Nova?

Why not cat ears for, say, Loki or Ash? They're stealthy, like cats.

And why does it have to be a cat? Cat would imply my little Kiki, curled up in a ball, using the arm air from the fan of my laptop to sleep on my desk.
Why not a panther, tiger, or lion?

And why should it be a helmet that doesn't actually fit any current Frame?
Why not use it as a starting point for a whole line of "These Tenno tap into the ideas of historical animal warriors, and embody the ferocity of the past."
A stealth-based panther, a strength based bear, and a speed based Wolf?
Huh? HUH?

Let's take it back a bit.

Why a cat helmet for Nova?

Why not cat ears for, say, Loki or Ash? They're stealthy, like cats.

And why does it have to be a cat? Cat would imply my little Kiki, curled up in a ball, using the arm air from the fan of my laptop to sleep on my desk.

Why not a panther, tiger, or lion?

And why should it be a helmet that doesn't actually fit any current Frame?

Why not use it as a starting point for a whole line of "These Tenno tap into the ideas of historical animal warriors, and embody the ferocity of the past."

A stealth-based panther, a strength based bear, and a speed based Wolf?

Huh? HUH?

Because the poster likes anime cats or whatever nekomimi is, and I am going to guess nova because the poster likes to play nova or something. Honestly, I doubt it will get added. A cat warframe maybe, but not this helmet. There's not enough agreeing on this topic to merit it.

Because the poster likes anime cats or whatever nekomimi is, and I am going to guess nova because the poster likes to play nova or something. Honestly, I doubt it will get added. A cat warframe maybe, but not this helmet. There's not enough agreeing on this topic to merit it.

I may add something..

The OP probably made this thread just for fun instead of a serious suggestion.