The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Beats Hek In Terms Of Dps?

As quoted by DE_Steve: Multishot increases the chance for an extra bullet to fire from your gun, without consuming the ammo...In most cases. In a shotgun, each pellet undergoes the Multishot treatment.

If a Hek fires 7 pellets, that is 7 pellets that WILL fire 2 shots, and each have a 20% chance of firing an additional pellet. By the law of averages, there is a higher possibility of something with a 20% chance occuring with 7, vs 4.

Conversely, we need to look at the damage breakdown.

If Hek fires 7 pellets for 140 damage, that is 20 damage per pellet. If Sobek fires 4 pellets for 100 damage, that's 25 damage a pellet. In order for Hek to overtake Sobek on damage effectiveness from Multishot, it must manage an average of 2 bonus pellets from that last 20% of Multishot.

I don't have a degree in Statistics and Probability, so I can't tell you which would have higher potential in a minute long span, but chances are...Hek WILL overtake it.

As quoted by DE_Steve: Multishot increases the chance for an extra bullet to fire from your gun, without consuming the ammo...In most cases. In a shotgun, each pellet undergoes the Multishot treatment.If a Hek fires 7 pellets, that is 7 pellets that WILL fire 2 shots, and each have a 20% chance of firing an additional pellet. By the law of averages, there is a higher possibility of something with a 20% chance occuring with 7, vs 4.Conversely, we need to look at the damage breakdown.If Hek fires 7 pellets for 140 damage, that is 20 damage per pellet. If Sobek fires 4 pellets for 100 damage, that's 25 damage a pellet. In order for Hek to overtake Sobek on damage effectiveness from Multishot, it must manage an average of 2 bonus pellets from that last 20% of Multishot.I don't have a degree in Statistics and Probability, so I can't tell you which would have higher potential in a minute long span, but chances are...Hek WILL overtake it.

So basically...they're the same until Multishot's been maxed

it all comes down to choose between this:

auto-fire Vs semiauto-fire

faster recharge (but u gotta do it more times) Vs longer recharge (less times)

Even if, i dont know you, but i always recharge when a fight is over, regardless how many ammos left in the clip.

I'm building sobek right now and check how i feel it, but i'm sure i love my Hek

As quoted by DE_Steve: Multishot increases the chance for an extra bullet to fire from your gun, without consuming the ammo...In most cases. In a shotgun, each pellet undergoes the Multishot treatment.

If a Hek fires 7 pellets, that is 7 pellets that WILL fire 2 shots, and each have a 20% chance of firing an additional pellet. By the law of averages, there is a higher possibility of something with a 20% chance occuring with 7, vs 4.

Conversely, we need to look at the damage breakdown.

If Hek fires 7 pellets for 140 damage, that is 20 damage per pellet. If Sobek fires 4 pellets for 100 damage, that's 25 damage a pellet. In order for Hek to overtake Sobek on damage effectiveness from Multishot, it must manage an average of 2 bonus pellets from that last 20% of Multishot.

I don't have a degree in Statistics and Probability, so I can't tell you which would have higher potential in a minute long span, but chances are...Hek WILL overtake it.

If that's the case, it's the opposite.  In the long run they'll both end up with an extra 20% damage overall.  In the short run, the hek is better because each individual shot will be closer to an average.