Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Aura System.

RenegadeGorilla

Wow, you guys need to remember something, people posting on the forums are hardcore players. A game cant be balanced around us only. Also people are crying about max out mods...cmon seriously? If like me you have 2 frames you enjoy with 4-5 weapons using different setups, then getting all those mods to maximum is some serious work. Also leveling everything to level 30 and getting that mastery up too...

There is alot to do in the game, even more with the added difficulty.

If you wanted a real surviving experience then maybe try creating your own challenge and posting them on youtube.

DE is running around trying to please everyone and we all know there is no such thing as pleasing everyone.

I like the new change, not because I have more points, but because my friends playing the game have an easier time keeping up with my me. Im sure the game will add even more challenge and extra hard content, dont panic just because we get more points now.

Give it time and remember, you re not the only one playing the game.

Edited by dave021

I agree with the OP mostly. People also need to respect someone's opinion and not label them as being part of a group with some sort of hive mind. As the OP stated, he didn't ask for this, so don't say that he did. He has a right to voice his opinion. It's how discussion works. Don't tell people to "stop" just because they have different opinions. I doubt you'd do the same to someone you agreed with, even if there are a lot of threads on it.

While I enjoyed the stricter U9 aura stuff, it was broken in one key area the 9.1.4 update is currently broken, and that is it takes away the quick switch team element. You can't switch out auras as fast as you did with artifacts. And you know how everyone on this forum loves switching warframes because you have to switch out your good mods to put into the other frame and reallocate energy every time? Now you get to enjoy that with the auras giving you extra energy. Maybe you've already had the joy of trying to swap out a 14 energy boosting aura, but the game flashes red and beeps at you because of all the mods you have using up that 74 energy. Gotta take out some mods to swap with anything other than the exact same polarity/rank aura.

However, don't think that because I don't like the current system that I'm QQing or stomping my feet. I'm more curious what Steve really intended with the system. Does he want to give everyone individual power with a slight bonus of team passives? Then he has succeeded. Maybe he knows even tougher content is coming and this is his way to power creep (creep isn't inherently bad, it's can just easily become a slippery slope). But if he ever intended for auras/artifacts to be team-based things you could switch out really fast, then that's no longer the case and he needs to add in something else that can easily be swapped in and out based on the mission and team load out at hand.

It's not about whining, it's about discussing the intent of the system first, then figuring out the pros and cons. Steve has said what he did, but he's never stated why he does it, which is actually more important. We can see what he did; he gave all frames more individual power and reduced team-oriented focus. The question is why. I'm on board with whatever he says is the reason, but without the reason, the changes affect the feel of the game (for better or worse being subjective).

i honestly would have preferred the old-new aura system (consuming energy)

you are contradictiong yourself by saying that the game ain´t set-dependant,

but then arguing that now, with more modpoints available you can finally stand up to those lvl60 mobs.

the horrid healths and playing near-death is actually what is fun about games. thats what you overcome challenges.

thats what makes you apply better tactics and playstyles.

for many it´s too easy now to stand up against thoso 60s, the challenge dropped.

an easy way to fix that would be to tier up some systems and raise the endgame bar.

I'm saying you can minmax your mod loadout/set/whatever/cat to the given mission, there's nothing contradictory about that.

You know, i don't find pissing revives away fun. I don't find corpus fusion moas with their drones deployed lvl 60+ swarming me fun.

Do you know what i find fun? Nightmare mode is an example. I get the feeling of "I must do this better" when i failed.

However, the regular missions just boil down to more damage and health + levels. That's NOT fun and NOT challenging, that's punishing.

Giving Aura's a variable polarity was the dumbest part of the update. I skimmed through all my frames (all but Vauban, Excal and Nova) and only ONE frame actually has a polarity for the aura slot for the type I actually frigging use. And that is Loki.

Limited points didn't force you to make tactical choices about mods, just to use more forma.  Having to level the same frame 3 or 4 times didn't add anything good to the game, so I prefer the new system. 

What so enjoyable about being very limited? What a breath of fresh air being able to add 2 more mods. Now that's mo

This is trash. Put in potato and maxed aura and you can use every mod, maxed. Brain? Forma? Priorities? Who needs tis, when you have 74 mod points!?

not very thoughtful of DE to change the artifact system into something interesting, and then after a few days make a 180 turn and go in the other direction.

how can you expect developers to make a good game when they dont have the balls for unpopular decisions?

the game just became so much shallower...

So now we can run around and gain power without any consequences...

Your power is capped, just like it was before. You're limited by the number of slots. Forma basically removed the drain limitations, but you needed to spend silly amounts of time into it.

Apart from the slightly increased aura stats (and the stupid OP Rifle Amp), the aura system has not increased the amount of power you have, just reduced the amount of time needed to get it.

If you're worried about power creep, it's dual mods you should complain about. They stack with regular ones.

The new aura boost is no different from forma. Nothing has changed but actual giving players choice outside of wasting forma.

It wasn't wasting. You were planning and building your frame as you see it. Now you have boost if polarity match and even if it isn't.

You have 3.5 formas free just by having aura on a waframe. And it doesn't even matters do you need this aura or not, overall bonus outscores usefulness of particular aura.

And we have a dual mods. Great. Maybe we just should have "i win the mission" button to save time?

Edited by Althix

Why can't they just make it not cost mod points and remove the ability to forma the aura slot? It would make both sides happy. Players would still be able to fuse their cards and treat them like mods, but they wouldn't break builds OR give away free mod points!

I have already forma'd my Frost Prime twice. Now, with the new Aura system, I can max out all my mods without having to forma it again...SWEET! I don't think it makes leveling any easier because you still need a bazillion fusion cores or other mods to max out Vitaility and Rejuvenation...so please no whining about this great buff.

It wasn't wasting. You were planning and building your frame as you see it. Now you have boost if polarity match and even if it isn't.

You have 3.5 formas free just by having aura on a waframe. And it doesn't even matters do you need this aura or not, overall bonus outscores usefulness of particular aura.

And we have a dual mods. Great. Maybe we just should have "i win the mission" button to save time?

Why don't you challenge yourself rather than whine about it? You're not being held at gunpoint to use all your points. Strip some mods and go in hardcore.

It's funny how people criticize the system, but use it anyway. And they say the people that defend this system are the hypocrites.

People who play it hardcore in Fallout and Skyrim has better restraints than these clowns. Hell, bethesda even game them a hardcore mode with the changes they love to abide by.

I still see people dying left and right especially in nightmare so I don't see how it's easier.

I still see people dying left and right especially in nightmare so I don't see how it's easier.

hahahhahaha.

And i still see Frost players who are using snowglobe on infested defenses.

or or or!!!! Even better! They are trying to DPS with Frost. <- this is hilarious.

Edited by Althix