Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mod and synthesis target

Wingblaze21

Question

Probably not the question you think it is. I have a riven mod that requires scanning a synthesis target with the hobbled key. I do NOT have to avoid damage, just get the target.

I'm not sure how to find the target. What am I looking for? Is this a community target? A personal target? Where to I look to find out what bad guy I have to go scan? I've found plenty of info on how to do the scan, but it all seems to skip over knowing what to go find in the first place.

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Basicly like in Simaris Training you follow those scan trails with your Simaris Scnner, Simaris himself will tell you at the start of a mission if there is a Synthesis Target on the Map, regardless which players aslonh player was at the start of the mission it will be his for daily or overall simaris research for those who do that.

For the Riven itself it no cares which target belongs to which player, as long you do as the riven says, same thou for your teammates maybe aswell, best might be, get daily from simaris and use that solo. Targets can be found always where there normal counterparts can be found also, like if i isa boiler you can go eris or a dark sector mission with at what level they normaly also spawn, other example like a grineer bombard or napalm won't spawn under lvl20 i think it was.

After you do what @lukshu says, you'll have to run missions to find your Synthesis target. For example, if you're asked to go get some Corrupted Butchers, you would want to run Void missions until you enter one that has Simaris say that he's picked up a potential target. Then, you find the very hard-to-kill Butcher with a blue outline and use Synthesis scanners to scan all the round bits on his body.

The fact that you have to catch up to this guy with a Hobbled Key may make things tricky, I'd recommend knocking the slippery fiend down with a slam attack or freezing him in place with certain Warframe abilities. I'm not too sure which ones work, though. You may be better off buying Kinetic Siphons which outright suspend the target in mid-air for effortless scanning.

Good luck on your endeavors, @Wingblaze21!

Edited by Ollnozz

22 minutes ago, Wingblaze21 said:

I'm not sure how to find the target. What am I looking for? Is this a community target? A personal target? Where to I look to find out what bad guy I have to go scan? I've found plenty of info on how to do the scan, but it all seems to skip over knowing what to go find in the first place.

I'm pretty sure the riven challenge literally says: "Synthesize Simaris target" or something like this. Read carefully :p