Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For New Enemy Faction

Solaurus

So I'm just here, thinking about nothing, when an idea for a new enemy faction pops up in my head. These enemies would be cultists obsessed with the Medieval Ages. They would dress like futuristic knights and have robotic horses and other stuff. Most of the enemies in their group would be swordsmen (using lightsabers and stuff of course. cuz its da futcha), crossbow men with futuristic crossbows, and calvary units riding the robot horses. The goal of these cultists would be to acquire Orokin technology in order to subjugate the system and install a type of Monarchy/Feudal  government system with the "King" as its figure-head . The name of these hardcore LARP'ers?

The Cult of the Table or "The Cult"

What do you guys think of this idea? Would love one of the DE guys to respond.

Edit: Extra Ideas:

Each of the bosses would be named after a member of the Round Table in Arthurian Legend and other characters in the lore.

Edited by Solaurus

Please, tell more more on how Necrons aren't a cult :D

http://dawnofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Necrons

Edit: Sorry, forgot this last part, otherwise i look an idiot xD If they have gods, and looking for gods, they are a bloody damn cult in my opinion xD

I think that the cult must worship their god(s). And Necrons are more like slaves of their gods. But I think its good idea of adding some demon-worsipers. Althought I don't see it fitting the setting. (You know, all in the Warframe universe is technology-based, even Infested were created with technological virus.) Edited by Redthirst

I think that the cult must worship their god(s). And Necrons are more like slaves of their gods.

If you put it that way, indeed. Still, they look pretty badass :D and the aesthetic look fits the warframe design. Bio-Mechanic weird-looking undead cyborg with colorful greenish energy

If you put it that way, indeed. Still, they look pretty badass :D and the aesthetic look fits the warframe design. Bio-Mechanic weird-looking undead cyborg with colorful greenish energy

Agreed. With that said, we could have some kind of cult that will worship malevolent AI("god") and are bent with bringing everyone under their master's rule(even literally, like Pariahs of Necrons). So if we take it that way, they are another enemy of Tenno, because they will try to get all those Tenno from cryopods to merge them with machines. Edited by Redthirst

Instead of the Cultists worshipping a god, they worship their king as a kind of GLORIOUS LEADER KOREA type.

Nah, I think my idea about AI-god(s) fits better. That way we can get some very interesting bosses. Something like one of these AI-gods, who can't move but instead uses automatic turrets and some kind of traps that we need to avoid in order to get near to the boss, when we need to solve extreme hack puzzle while our teammates protect us against unending swarm of minions. Edited by Redthirst

Nah, I think my idea about AI-god(s) fits better. That way we can get some very interesting bosses. Something like one of these AI-gods, who can't move but instead uses automatic turrets and some kind of traps that we need to avoid in order to get near to the boss, when we need to solve extreme hack puzzle while our teammates protect us against unending swarm of minions.

You forget, they are freaking knights. They are based on medieval tech with just a futuristic flare. Please lets get back on topic of this instead of necrons or whatever.