Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitori – An Infested Female Tenno

Jowain

I'm a fan of horror and I just thought about this idea during the Grineer Informer event, the way they made the map go crazy I found quite spooky and thus was always disappointed when I found it's source.

So here is my idea for an enemy:

Hitori (独り "Alone") Is a female Tenno warframe that became infested and was thought dead by her comrades and joined the hive of infested.

Perhaps she could wear a Warframe suit of unknown origin that has become infected and only the helmet partly whole, revealing something humanoid but at the same time zombie-like (or Infestation like growths) underneath.

Her abilities could be climbing walls and sort of use guerrilla tactics to attack the players.

As opposed to the Stalker, she won’t announce her presence and not show on radar, instead the map and screen distorts when she is nearby and she attacks fast and vanishes, sort of a cat and mouse game through the level unless she is defeated fast.

Upon defeat she will run away, crawling on walls into holes where the players can’t follow and she could drop blueprints for armor skins for different warframes.

She could still be voiced, but just having whispers in different areas and actually speak English in guttural voice.

She can only be found in infested areas, for the scare factor.

My point is that the Stalker for most of us have become more common in his appearances and he doesn't scare (at least not me) us as much anymore, it doesn't make him a bad villain, but he has sort of lost the element of surprise for me.

So the idea of an enemy, a predator that hunts you in the shadows, strikes you when least expected and vanishes again, all the while hearing whispers and whimpers either close or far away is a pretty intimidating thought, add distortion to the map and screen, rather than blinking lights, and you can get quite the horror experience.

I agree, I actually want something that will scare me. At least for a while.

Personal experience : ME3

Banshees scared me to death playing that game, that's why I loved it.

Edited by Pladim

So the idea of an enemy, a predator that hunts you in the shadows, strikes you when least expected and vanishes again, all the while hearing whispers and whimpers either close or far away is a pretty intimidating thought, 

You got my attention there

AlienVsPredator_Hero.JPG

Edited by Endrance

Although "Hitori" can mean alone, it means "alone" from a counting viewpoint... as in, one person; two pplz... solitude and loneliness are strangers to the word...for a warframe name, it sounds rather cheesy in japanese. Sort of like calling a nyx "brainwash"; trinity "nurse", or volt "electricity".

Edited by thebearcavalry

Although "Hitori" can mean alone, it means "alone" from a counting viewpoint... as in, one person; two pplz... solitude and loneliness are strangers to the word...for a warframe name, it sounds rather cheesy in japanese. Sort of like calling a nyx "brainwash"; trinity "nurse", or volt "electricity".

Well I tried to find something that would play for "Abandon" "Lonliness" or "Rejection", something that brings out that she feels denied or rejected, but still having a female quality to it. Sort of like Sadako from Ring.

And the naming is similar to the Tenno, which is the name for Japans emperor and means "Heavenly Sovereign"

I agree, I actually want something that will scare me. At least for a while.

Personal experience : ME3

Banshees scared me to death playing that game, that's why I loved it.

I like the idea.

and speaking about ME3 - a.Banshees scared me too (one reason why Banshee is among my top 3 warframes)

b. Then came the Praetorian.:)

Well I tried to find something that would play for "Abandon" "Lonliness" or "Rejection", something that brings out that she feels denied or rejected, but still having a female quality to it. Sort of like Sadako from Ring.

And the naming is similar to the Tenno, which is the name for Japans emperor and means "Heavenly Sovereign"

Although Tenno meant something different in Japanese, Japanese don't particularly mind the naming scheme because the Tenno was still some sort of a badass...the big baws....

But then Hitori... I know it can sound like feminine Japanese to a foreigner, but to anyone speaking the language...the closest association would probably be something like a little magiclad girl who could do things "by herself". There's next to nothing dark or badass about the word.

I'd say Houki, Kodoku, or Furare all have better connotations to the warframe you describe.