Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Consider: Vote Kick Will Be Abused

WhisperByte

@Boomstick720

I dont use reply because I am mostly on my phone and replying causes the text boxes to work awkwardly for me so I just reply to specific people, identified by the @whoever, and reference specific points.

Now to answer some of your points:

A blacklist would only prevent you from joining MISSIONS with that person. You find a troll in your clan, or someone you just cant get along with no matter what for various reasons? Blacklist him and never play a mission. You'll still in be a clan dojo with him but its not really possible to troll there besides message spam and there is an ignore function to take care of that.

Problem solved and you dont have to worry about anything.

The next thing:

A blacklist, when used and applied consistently will eventually knock the trolls out of the game for the most part. When a majority of the playerbase blacklists them and they are unable to play with anyone they can't troll anyone. People can get together and share lists of trolls and compare notes about them. After a while people that troll/grief will find themselves unable to because they cant join a group.

If they only troll once in a while, or if they have had a bad day they cant play with a few people. If they troll consistently they wont be able to play with anyone and therefore wont be able to troll.

A kick option works once meaning that you have to potentially deal with a troll many times and it never solves the issue. Especially if that person you cant stand/is a troll is in your clan. You're left at the mercy of him joining any of your private matches endlessly and no way to stop him without convincing everyone else to vote-kick him each time he starts trolling.

That is a HUGE drawback. In a blacklist they can troll you once and you can blacklist them so they cant do it again. On a vote kick you have to convince everyone to kick him every time they troll you.

And that is on top of vote kicking being used/abused for the smallest reason such as not liking your loadout/frame or anything else.

Left 4 Dead 2, to name a big one. I've seen games where people were vote kicked just for picking the character another person wanted to play. There are videos of people trying to join random games in that and just getting votekick after vote kick for no reason. Creating an argument out of poor logic stating that mobas are the only games with votekick issues is not the way to go, man.

And you don't seem to understand how a blacklist works, like at all.

I support this statement, with how many times I've seen votekick get abused in a game of L4D2 and other games that have this feature (looking at you payday),

and seeing the reasons for why people abuse, with it usually being stupid stuff. (this would make warframe an even more prime subject for abuse because of things like oh say you have the wrong gear.)

it's better to have a blacklist system and completely lock out a troll than to continually having to get paired up with them.

Edited by impulse42

I have an idea.

Merge a vote kick system with a black list. Here's how it will work.

(DE can decide the terms required for a vote to be successful)

When people vote yes to kick someone, it will also add that person to their blacklist, and the person being kicked will have any players voting for the kick to their list.

A,B,C vote for D to be kicked. A,B,C will have D added to their black list, and D will have those 3 added to their list.

Say B didn't vote yes to kick, B and D don't blacklist each other.

The reasoning behind both sides having their blacklist filled is because it prevents trolls from deleting everyone in their list and continuously trolling, so it's a one time thing.

I'll think up more details on this idea when I get back from work.

@impulse42
Besides "Wrong gear" you would have people kicking because of frame because of a few reason I have seen on the forums
-They dont like vauban because they think that he can only be used for trolling and nothing else.  SO they would kick him just in case he uses his abilities to troll...
-There are people who dont like having Nova because of molecular prime and how it "Steals everyones kills"
-There are people who will, in game, curse and harrass you in chat if you are a Mag or Volt (and I have been on the recieving end as well as seen it done) becuase you are playing an "inferior, worthless tier" warframe...even if you beat them in kills/damage at the end.
-I have been on the recieving end of going through and managing to kill things with my guns at a decent rate and ended up being harrassed in chat because I was "killing things too fast for the rest of us", and there was more than enough enemies for the other guys, they just wanted to end up at the lead of the kills or whatever.
-I have seen people harrassed and cussed at because they would not jump into the middle of a ton of toxic ancients to revive someone who thought that they could melee them.
-I have been in a match where two of the people would start yelling and complaining if anyone used any ability because it "Took too much experience away from them"

And those are only a few things I have seen with this games community while playing.  And they aren't that rare.  And I would bet you money that if they had the option to start a vote kick in that situation they would.  We dont need to give them the ability to kick people because for whatever reason they disagree with how someone else is playing, or their choice of warframe or weapons.  You wouldn't believe how often you can get harrassed in chat when you bring the Glaive, Braton Vandal, and Lato Prime into a mission...all for being "worthless".

And I wish that the proponents of a kick system would realize that you can kick someone all you want...but if they are in your clan they can just rejoin your matches over and over and over again and each time you have to convince your group to kick them if they start trolling.
Good luck with that...

Edited by Tsukinoki

@impulse42

Besides "Wrong gear" you would have people kicking because of frame because of a few reason I have seen on the forums

-They dont like vauban because they think that he can only be used for trolling and nothing else.  SO they would kick him just in case he uses his abilities to troll...

-There are people who dont like having Nova because of molecular prime and how it "Steals everyones kills"

-There are people who will, in game, curse and harrass you in chat if you are a Mag or Volt (and I have been on the recieving end as well as seen it done) becuase you are playing an "inferior, worthless tier" warframe...even if you beat them in kills/damage at the end.

-I have been on the recieving end of going through and managing to kill things with my guns at a decent rate and ended up being harrassed in chat because I was "killing things too fast for the rest of us", and there was more than enough enemies for the other guys, they just wanted to end up at the lead of the kills or whatever.

-I have seen people harrassed and cussed at because they would not jump into the middle of a ton of toxic ancients to revive someone who thought that they could melee them.

-I have been in a match where two of the people would start yelling and complaining if anyone used any ability because it "Took too much experience away from them"

And those are only a few things I have seen with this games community while playing.  And they aren't that rare.  And I would bet you money that if they had the option to start a vote kick in that situation they would.  We dont need to give them the ability to kick people because for whatever reason they disagree with how someone else is playing, or their choice of warframe or weapons.  You wouldn't believe how often you can get harrassed in chat when you bring the Glaive, Braton Vandal, and Lato Prime into a mission...all for being "worthless".

And I wish that the proponents of a kick system would realize that you can kick someone all you want...but if they are in your clan they can just rejoin your matches over and over and over again and each time you have to convince your group to kick them if they start trolling.

Good luck with that...

exactly this times 1000 as well I'd like to point out that with the kick system enabled it would make finding matches online even harder, it is already VERY difficult to find a match in one of the outer planets, with vote kick I gaurantee there will be players who start up a squad and vote kick people that arent matching their criteria as said by you before they start the game, that way they will have a very powerful squad, by doing this they will be locking out alot of new players who need squads to help them advance in the later planets.

I know this concept sounds silly to some people when you look at this communty and how great it is, but just look at games like payday, borderlands and its sequel, killing floor(less than others), and even TF2. and you can see this problem very often and it does push away from new players because it leaves a lasting impresion on them about what the community is like.

when a humans get control and power over things that control and power WILL be abused no matter how much of a saint a person is, at some level they will use it for there own gain. the only thing that stops this abuse is checks and balances which with vote kick can easily be exploited just by having a friend in game with you, along with many other exploits.

Edited by impulse42