Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission Concept] - Invasion

PsychedelicSnake

*I'd like to apoligize for the colouring. I don't know why it came out like this.

Invasion

The Invasion gametype will consist of three major phases, each of which differ from the others in simple or greatly different ways. Successfully completing an objective in one phase will unlock the next phase. In order to make things more tense, either by default or in higher levels, there should be a 10 minute countdown until the mission fails, in which it is suggested that the Tenno are overwhelmed by enemy forces and must retreat.

NOTE: These phases can be swapped around, in order to preserve replayability.

Each phase MAY require a small period of Defense(depending on what the community deems appropriate), maybe 5-10 waves, depending on difficulty. In addition, each phase begins with a small extermination requirement of clearing out the immediate area of hostiles.

*The Tenno are tasked with shutting down some sort of base/starship, etc before it comes fully online, hence the overall time limit, which we will say starts at 5 minutes.

PHASE 1 - Phase 1 requires the Tenno to shut down one of the two generators positioned inside the enemy base or starship. The process of shutting down the generators requires a series of 3 hacks, one for each node on the generator. Successfully shutting down one of the generators will disable the security systems that leads to Phase 2 and the mission will be extended for an additional four to five minutes.

PHASE 2 - Phase 2 requires the Tenno to control one of the two newly marked territories; one located inside the salvo bay where the Grineer or Corpus keep munitions and their broadside cannons, and one located in the engine room. Similar to Phase 1, a total amount of 3 hacking attempts is required to successfully shut down the security systems. During this phase elite units such as Grineer Napalms, Techs, and Ancients come into play. Successfully completing Phase 2 will leave the data core in the Bridge exposed for Phase 3 and add an additional four to five minutes to the mission.

PHASE 3 - In Phase 3, the Tenno must retrieve the Data Core in the starship or base Bridge and deliver it back to the extraction point. When carrying the Data Core, primary weapons will be negated as normal. Enemy forces go all out at this point with hordes of normal units and many more elite units. The Tenno win when they successfully deliver the Data Core to the extraction point. Possibility of a boss appearing in the Bridge for Tenno to face, such as Vor, Kril, or Anyo.

TL;DR: 3 phases, each are different, they get harder. If you win, hooray happy stuff and prizes.

This post will be updated from time to time if I feel there needs to be changes or additions.

Please ensure that comments are constructive. The last thing the world needs is another internet flame war

If you liked the thread, a bump to keep the topic going will be most appreciated.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

I feel like the hacking part of this is pointless until they revamp the hacking and make ciphers more expensive. It's just too easy right now. However, everything else feels like a mighty fun gamemode.

Thanks for the feedback! And I agree, the hacking minigame could use a major revamp, but that shouldn't detract from this in the slightest.

• 2 weeks later...

This idea of yours might end up as a weekend event with goodies, I like your idea but there should be a recommendation of how many tennos needed for this mission, hacking may not be a problem but hacking while elites or mobs on your back would be difficult. Especially when the difficulty raises, the DE might even do a simple mob spawn once a phase is complete like what happened in the sling event. Try adding extermination before hacking, and time limit after the core is taken, if the time has been reached then the only option for the tenno to complete the mission is to exterminate all enemies within the map (lock down will activate, preventing the player to reach the extraction point).

This idea of yours might end up as a weekend event with goodies, I like your idea but there should be a recommendation of how many tennos needed for this mission, hacking may not be a problem but hacking while elites or mobs on your back would be difficult. Especially when the difficulty raises, the DE might even do a simple mob spawn once a phase is complete like what happened in the sling event. Try adding extermination before hacking, and time limit after the core is taken, if the time has been reached then the only option for the tenno to complete the mission is to exterminate all enemies within the map (lock down will activate, preventing the player to reach the extraction point).

Good ideas. I was thinking a lot of these things, but I'm simply too lazy to really do anything at the moment. I'll get around to it eventually!