Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account linking and same versions?

(XBOX)BlastingFern134

Question

I love Warframe. I absolutely love it, for multiple reasons. Awesome weapons, great gameplay mechanics, nice amount of story and lore, tons of customization, and the ability to get Plat without spending money, through trading.

One thing that really bugs me, is why consoles can't be cross-compatible with PC. It's a PvE game (primarily) and there isn't anything unique about any of the versions, except for the fact that the version is higher on PC. Plus, I just got a new PC, it can run games really well and I'd love to play Warframe, but I don't want to spend another 2 years grinding up to my current state on console. Out of all the possible additions to the game, I would take cross-compatibility over any of them. It just feels that I am forced back. I'm going to see epic gameplay of the Plains of Eidolon on PC, for a month before the console release, and I'll be forced to wait...

Please, incorporate cross-console-compatibility into the game!

5 answers to this question

Because consoles have to go through individual certification every time DE wants to push an update to Warframe.
Because Steam and the TennoGen items being exclusive to PC Steam means they can't be set up to be acquired easily on consoles.

Edited by Horonelius

@(Xbox One)BlastingFern134

@Horonelius and @JSharpie is right about this.

Let me make this clear:

CROSS-PLATFORM ON SAME SERVER IS HORRIBLE!

Explanation: (WARNING: SALTS ahead!)

Spoiler

I tried Planetside 2, back in the early years when it was under SOE, they had then reached Cross-Platform (which Developers come and go ;sad;) for XBox,Microsoft and PC. 

Problems were apparent

With the "Massive and Field Battle", Closing up to one area with total of 200~300+ players would lead to lag and FramePerSecond Drop.

Also Graphic has to be kicked down for 2015 Console Tech, and that hurt number of PC. (Basically you have to ask Computerize Game from to many Platforms). NOT to mention the higher latency and lags for "unfortunate" Players putting up with extra Traffic.

If you want another EXAMPLE: Look at Steam Linking Accounts, not PERFECT, but it is a Games TIEING your Game account to say this Online Game, and they WILL NOT UN-LINK it without resetting your Game Progress. 

FAIR NOTE: this is EXPERIENCE with other Games, and BEST not to be REPEATED, as it just server to cause more "troubles".

TL;DR Consoles Policy is a pain and take more Years, meant to waste time over process ( you did have to have "connections" to "Consoles CEO", but it did not work out in the end. 

11 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

@(Xbox One)BlastingFern134

@Horonelius and @JSharpie is right about this.

Let me make this clear:

CROSS-PLATFORM ON SAME SERVER IS HORRIBLE!

Explanation: (WARNING: SALTS ahead!)

Hide contents

I tried Planetside 2, back in the early years when it was under SOE, they had then reached Cross-Platform (which Developers come and go ;sad;) for XBox,Microsoft and PC. 

Problems were apparent

With the "Massive and Field Battle", Closing up to one area with total of 200~300+ players would lead to lag and FramePerSecond Drop.

Also Graphic has to be kicked down for 2015 Console Tech, and that hurt number of PC. (Basically you have to ask Computerize Game from to many Platforms). NOT to mention the higher latency and lags for "unfortunate" Players putting up with extra Traffic.

If you want another EXAMPLE: Look at Steam Linking Accounts, not PERFECT, but it is a Games TIEING your Game account to say this Online Game, and they WILL NOT UN-LINK it without resetting your Game Progress. 

FAIR NOTE: this is EXPERIENCE with other Games, and BEST not to be REPEATED, as it just server to cause more "troubles".

TL;DR Consoles Policy is a pain and take more Years, meant to waste time over process ( you did have to have "connections" to "Consoles CEO", but it did not work out in the end. 

OK, this makes sense. Well, guess I should just forget about it, lolz.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)BlastingFern134 said:

OK, this makes sense. Well, guess I should just forget about it, lolz.

No, no no.

IT IS GOOD you asked! :| 
Better knowing how it might end then rather doing it ALL over again for the SAME result. :sad: 

GoodDay :smile:  PS Forum can be Toxic, so watch for those Posters.