Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vox, the Tech Infiltrator

Pixive

"There are two things in life that people seem to always take for granted. Even we are guilty of it;

Technology, and time. It's time we use both to our advantage."

While playing Ivara in a Spy mission, i found myself failing miserably at carrying out the desired objective. So I began to ask myself, as a semi-experienced player, "what am I doing wrong?" While I freely admit I am not the most experienced, I also came to the realization that Ivara, while branded as an infiltrator, is a very niche Frame, for lack of better parlance. It requires a very specific skillset to be able to use her effectively. While said specific play style is welcome, it also shuts people down, too. So, I started thinking, "well, what else can work?" I wanted to make something new and inviting, capable of being a team player while still excelling at stealth-focused gameplay.

It was then I set off on my journey to create a Frame. it was not easy in the slightest.

The major question I ended up stumbling upon was "what's something new and unique that can still be useful and practical?" Then it hit me; the one thing we always use but never acknowledge. Consoles. 

So, I present to you folks Vox, the Tech-Infiltrator. Using Consoles and console props and his Cyberform, he can become an elusive and deadly predator. I'll skip everything else and just go into abilities and potential stats. For modifiers, R=Range, S=Strength, D=Duration.

17_-_1_2.jpg?width=828&height=466art by a friend of mine 

Health: 100

Shield: 200

Armor: 75

Energy: 200

Passive:

Advanced Coding: Vox can hack a console regardless of its state, producing a unique pickup which grants some bonus energy to himself or allies. Additionally, time limits for hacks do not apply, with the exception of locked doors in Spy vaults, which only gain a time boost. (excludes Spy datavaults.) Possibly granting a time bonus for vaults instead of no change, unsure is this is too op.

Insertion(R,D): Vox leaps into Cyberform, entering a console (excluding Spy datavaults). From there, he can exit though another console nearby within the room. Allies who hack the Inserted console are granted bonus energy at the cost of his own.

- Drain-over-Time ability; the Longer Vox remains in a console, the more energy he loses.

-Console can be hacked while Inserted, however his pickup will not drop.

-If Vox fails to hack a Spy door, he will be ejected from the console, and alarms will be triggered.

Jury-Rig(S,R,D): Vox sends a malicious datastream to a nearby console, rigging it to act as one of three traps.

A) Overload: Console becomes a beacon for enemies. If an enemy interacts with it, it explodes in a wide radius, ala-Mirage's Sleight of Hand.

B) Faulty Wiring: Console becomes an AoE electric trap, dealing constant damage to and slowing down enemies who enter its radius.

C) Suppressant: Affected console shuts down entirely and cannot be hacked (if applicable.) Enemies who enter the radius become unable to interact with consoles for as long as, and for a time after, they're in the radius.

-Consoles have to be within range to Rig.

-Like Ivara's Quiver, duration varies between traps. 

-Objective consoles, such as MD points, Interception override terminals, etc., cannot be Rigged.

Revision (R,D): Activates a UI with arrows pointing forward, back, right, and left, fixed to the direction Vox faces. Rolling in one of these directions causes Vox to teleport a minor distance, leaving behind a Cyberform decoy that draws aggro, ala-Titania's Lantern. Considering just having decoy act like a Loki decoy would.

-Teleportation distance is fixed; lure range for the Decoy is what improves w/ range and duration.

-Behaves ala-Ivara's ult. or similar; Toggle power to prime it, consumes energy per roll.

Execute(S,D): Vox enters Cyberform in the field, and deploys his Exalted weapons: the Servo Claw and Servo Blade (one in each hand.) While in Cyberform, Vox has the following attributes:

-Sprint speed is increased significantly.

-Can pass through enemies, but NOT terrain.

-Significant physical damage resistance. Elemental damage taken is increased.

-Servo-weapons feed from Melee mods.

Synergies:

- Inserting a Jury-Rigged console will double its range and duration, t the expense of increased energy drain.

-While Execute is active, cast/travel time for Insertion is nearly instant, and energy consumption is reduced.

-As previously stated, if an ally hacks an Inserted console, they are granted bonus energy at the cost of Vox's.

That about does it. If you have any questions, or feedback, feel free to lemme know. I'll do my best to keep this updated if anything changes.

I do have a potential story/quest involving Vox, but it's nowhere near finished enough to be included. Feel free to ask if you're interested.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Pixive
Failed to mention specific objective-based instances.

Preaty cool, but I have one question. Would Jury-Rig work on Interception point consoles? You know as an extra defence mechanism, maybe give the enemy that tries to capture the point an Electricty proc that stuns it and surrounding enemies for about 1.5 or 2 seconds in 2 or 3m radius. Perhaps it could be an augment (granted a very niche one, but still)?

Actually, I never thought of that. I'll have to edit that. Thanks!

As for the augment idea, I have actually been bouncing several ideas for augments back and forth, but I didn't put them here for the sake of keeping things concise. I'll keep it in mind, though.

Look at you, Tenno. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Your puppet, panting and sweating as it runs through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal profit machine?

- Sentient Corpus AI

Edited by Mukade