Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Play on PS4 via Mouse and Keyboard?

Sar.K.Asmus

I want to play video games on PS4 (playing games on PC is just more expensive because gaming PCs are more expensive than consoles) but the thing is that there are some games (all shooter games) where i prefer using mouse and keyboard instead of a controller (main reason why i stopped playing on consoles).

So before i buy a PS4 i want to ask the PS4 community if it is possible to play with mouse and keyboard on PS4?

Of course i used Google before asking this questions here and the results i got were confusing. Some said yes, some said no (doesn't make any sense, it's either yes or no^^). Some said that you just have to plugin your USB Mouse and Keyboard and then change some settings on your PS4 and after that you can play games via mouse and keyboard. Some said you have to buy an extra device so that you can use your mouse and keyboard for playing. Again you either have to buy extra devices or not^^. I read in an article that not every PS4 game supports mouse and keyboard and it's up to the game developer whether you can use it or not.

So my question is does someone use mouse and keyboard on a PS4 for playing games instead of using a controller? How does it work? Do you have to buy an extra device? Can you play every game by using mouse and keyboard?

Edited by Sarcasm4Free

10 hours ago, (PS4)DoNothing56 said:

There are like 5 games that officially support keyboard and mouse support (you can probably find a list if you look it up) you can buy an adaptor or a specially made piece of equipment both are usually quiet expensive.

Ok, thank you for your answer. I really hoped that i can just choose whether i want to use a PS4 controller or mouse and keyboard like on PC (without using an adaptor).

Maybe they will allow it on PS5, because i don't understand why i have that possibility on PC but not on a PS4 (laziness i guess). That doesn't make sense.