The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Really Dislike This Game's Infintie Spawning.

Oizen

So I was farming plastids earlier, and there were some enemies in the room.

I thought no big deal I'll just kill them.

After I did a huge platoon came in, so I killed them too.

After that another huge platoon came in and I killed them as well.

I got bored of it, and just decided to ignore them, and go back to collecting plastids out of lockers and stuff.

By the time the I was running back to extraction, there were so many enemies in the map I started lagging pretty hard.

:| This is why extermination missions are best.

Edited by Oizen

I know sometimes it can get out of hand. A few friends and I had that same issue on a infested mission and they just wouldn't stop comming. insted of ignoring them we just sat there and farmed them for mods and resources. It was boring but it came in handy

I'm not really upset over the infinite spawning as much as I'm upset about how enemies can spawn in entire hordes behind you within seconds after you cleared the room. It's completely counter-intuitive, heavily impedes stealth and ruins the point of clearing out rooms and sidepaths so you can have safe space to fall back to if things get rough ahead. If enemies respawn once after you complete the objective (a few tiles away at least) that's fine, but constantly respawning enemies in rooms that you just recently cleared is just stupid and if anything promotes rushing, which the devs clearly don't like.

I know sometimes it can get out of hand. A few friends and I had that same issue on a infested mission and they just wouldn't stop comming. insted of ignoring them we just sat there and farmed them for mods and resources. It was boring but it came in handy

This is actualy how I rank weapons somtimes.

Unfortunately, if you choose not to clear them out, Frame rate drops are to be expected.

cool

Isn't it?

Edited by Oizen

I don't believe the game has infinite spawning, but you'll feel like it does on infested missions. The reason here is that enemies spawn offscreen in rooms. On Grineer/Corpus maps, enemies have a bit more AI; they don't all rush you. But Infested only want to rush you, so you end up with almost every enemy in the game (in 20 rooms ahead of you, and side rooms you might not visit) gunning for you.

Eventually, the hordes stop. You could test this over the course of an hour if you want, but I've already done it. Spawning isn't quite infinite, but it definitely will seem that way for about 10 minutes due to how many rooms there are, with each room having some sort of high limit on how many enemies can spawn in.

Btw, I'm not counting Moas, which spawn from those moa lockers. Those appear to be infinite if you keep activating cameras. And if there is infinite spawning, it trickles down to 1-2 over the course of a few minutes. You definitely won't be getting anymore hordes if you wait long enough.

Edited by gell

I'm not really upset over the infinite spawning as much as I'm upset about how enemies can spawn in entire hordes behind you within seconds after you cleared the room. It's completely counter-intuitive, heavily impedes stealth and ruins the point of clearing out rooms and sidepaths so you can have safe space to fall back to if things get rough ahead. If enemies respawn once after you complete the objective (a few tiles away at least) that's fine, but constantly respawning enemies in rooms that you just recently cleared is just stupid and if anything promotes rushing, which the devs clearly don't like.

Another big issue is the "logic" behind the way the enemies respawn sometimes:

I see them coming from rooms i've visited already and that HAVE NO DOORS OR WINDOWS OR MOA LOCKERS OR ANYTHING, so how can they come from such places ? Are they made of air ? do they think with portals ?

Really, if you want to trow an infinite pile of mobs to kill, fine, but at least make some logic in the way they appear.

I don't believe the game has infinite spawning, but you'll feel like it does on infested missions. The reason here is that enemies spawn offscreen in rooms. On Grineer/Corpus maps, enemies have a bit more AI; they don't all rush you. But Infested only want to rush you, so you end up with almost every enemy in the game (in 20 rooms ahead of you, and side rooms you might not visit) gunning for you.

Eventually, the hordes stop. You could test this over the course of an hour if you want, but I've already done it. Spawning isn't quite infinite, but it definitely will seem that way for about 10 minutes due to how many rooms there are, with each room having some sort of high limit on how many enemies can spawn in.

Btw, I'm not counting Moas, which spawn from those moa lockers. Those appear to be infinite if you keep activating cameras. And if there is infinite spawning, it trickles down to 1-2 over the course of a few minutes. You definitely won't be getting anymore hordes if you wait long enough.

I did an experiment once: I equipped the "enemy radar" and broke a window in a spaceship, locking myself in a small no-exit side room making sure to have the whole room with the broken window into the top-right mini-map.

Consider it was the time when Grineers and Corpus had the same spaceship enviromnent, anyway, i was against the grineers and MOAs couldn't spawn from the lockers, and i started to look at the radar knowing that with the "hull breach" all the enemies in the room had to die, and this is what i saw on the radar:

The enemies were INDEED disappearing, BUT more enemies were spawning right away.

So let me make this question: If the room was completely sealed because of the hull breach and the only way to open the doors again was to hack the panel, and i wasn't doing it because i was waiting for everyone to die in the main room, where did those new enemies come from ? From the broken window ? Jetpack Grineers ?

Again, unlimited or numerous enemy spawn is fine but please, logic.

I do hope they at least fix this for solo/early gameplay. I recently revisited Level 1 with a fresh new warframe on solo mode, and must've spent 20 minutes shooting through enemies that just kept showing up in the reactor room. Granted I knew how to play the game, so it was just mind numbingly annoying, but for a new player, do they really have to deal with that many enemies too?