Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-1 Mod Capacity on Stinger

zbihej

197DC59806C6A420294D8DE25DBE173D0BD7BFD6
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1087864476
Hello,
I'd want to report a potentially balance-breaking glitch (or bug, im not sure what's the difference) for the Djinn's Stinger, however I see it's kind of cosmetic at this point*. I wanted the weapon to posses some stinging (pardon the pun) capabilities against the Grineer and thus i gave him a Stormbringer mod, (to create a Corrosive proc), taking 7 out of its max capacity. Now, I'm at MR15 which means I'd be able to put another 8 points of capacity to use, so i placed a *broken* Serration reducting it of 5 and then i changed that particular mod to it's normal, raw counterpart, taking only 4 of max-7, having in mind to boost it's rank next. I chose the option "mods" and from two available mods, i ranked this raw Serration to, about rank 5, or something. I do this all the time, because the game will simply prompt me that the mod will have to be uninstalled, in order to be ranked like this, so I'll just take down the rank a bit and this way, I wouldn't have to do the math and remember how much capacity I have left! But this time, the game let me rank the serration that far and didn't uninstall the mod as usual. I'm scared to test it out because I might end up with a massive glitch-hole OR WORSE: actually uninstalling the mod and not being able to recreate the bug once again! Please DE contact me what should I do now with it

*i can see that one, if not both of the mods in the enclosed screen shot, are not taken under consideration by the game, as proc is still toxic. It's still strange for the game to uninstall not the Serration, but the Stormbringer, or am I missing something?

Kind regards, epic game -Chris

EDIT: Also, should I enclose a special log found in game's data? It's my second time reporting a glitch but first time doing so via this forum (and actually in English, as my first report was in my native language, Polish, through Your Warframe.com domain as far as I can recall) - and that's what was needed the first time. I know that I may lose that file, the next time I open the game but I can't seem to find that ini anymore, in order to make a backup of it. I'm planning to open the game tommorow, for my daily reward, so please, for the sake of this .log - i beg for a relatively quick answer. Thanks a lot, in advance.

PS. can I get a candy for not abusing this bug? :clem: or will I just not get a ban lol
EDIT 2: I asked around the community. After a quick and really naive search in Google, it wasn't that clear if it's common amongst the playerbase, but around more hardcore Warframe fans this bug happens, seldomly, and is still purely visual, so yeah, I kind of take back the joke about that candy that I brought about a bit earlier.
EDIT 3: I now see that the mod actually has a potential of being - depending on the perspective - balancively harmful, or, more likely, plainly fun and funny. I'd like to point out the thread of Negative Capacity on Xbox, on Players helping Players. I now begin to feel bad that I haven't checked out that exact phrase beforehand.

:community:

Edited by zbihej
tag adding, question. minor grammatical mistakes, saw that proc is toxic so this bug has no potencial of being truly malicious