Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Terrible Trading System Mock

CypressD

gtqEWvD.jpg

Quick, shoddy mock-up of a trading system.

I know WF is already a numbers intensive game, but I think for a "fair" trading system mods need a separate Trade Value, apart from their Mod Value. This is because mods like Metal Auger might not necessarily be useful, despite being rare and costly.

These numbers can be derived from a number of factors, the primary ones being: drop rate/rarity and rank. For example, a common mod like Slip Mag would be base value 2 +1 for every rank it has. Other factors can include demand or usage (which will take lots of data-mining and algorithms). For example, Split Chamber which is rare, widely used and widely desired, might have a value of 20 +2 per rank.

So a person can right-click a user in Region, Clan, Squad Chat or their Contacts and initiate a "Trade". The person who initiates it starts of as a Seller or Transferrer. Transferrer status can be switched by clicking the Arrow in the middle, but only by the curent Transferrer.

This is important because the person offering should be allowed to apply Rules to the trade. For example, "Match Value", which requires the Receiver matches the combined trade value (listed at the top) of the Transferrer's mods. Of course, this option can be toggled on/off since people should also be able to gift mods or give them away.

Clicking on an empty slot will take you to your Mods window where you can select the mod to put in that slot.

Other rules that can be applied to trade should be stuff like "Weapon Mods Only", "Rares Only", "Fusion Cores Only", etc, etc.

And of course a Trade Chat should be available for real time negotiations.

So when all is said and done, both players must confirm the transaction by clicking...well, Confirm (similar to voting for a map).

Just an idea.

Watched the livestream yesterday and they said you will be able to "swop" mods with Vor I think (You might not know what you will get though) and then they mentioned that you will be able to sell your mods for platinum, now tht idea I liked!

All I want is a maxed out serration, willing to pay 1000 plat for a maxed out one :)

Watched the livestream yesterday and they said you will be able to "swop" mods with Vor I think (You might not know what you will get though) and then they mentioned that you will be able to sell your mods for platinum, now tht idea I liked!

AFAIK it's either swap a number of mods for a random one of a higher tier, or put a card up for 'sale'. Selling is in a commission store thing, anonymous and price most probably regulated.

It won't be a wild-west auction chatspam.

I watched the Livestream last night and I liked the idea of having someplace where you can swap mods based on its value. But I think Trading with NPCs in an MMO is a little ehhhh. It would make more sense for players to help each other. Especially now that Defense missions with exclusively Tier 3 rewards are pseudo-endgame difficulty. We have to admit we were kind of spoiled by level 50 Outer Terminus.

Many players arriving after U9 will not have it as easy as us pre-U9 folks in terms of getting strong builds for WFs and Weapons. A friend of mine spend 12+ hours farmng endgame defense missions for Stretch and Split Chamber, when I had an extra Stretch and 3 extra Splits I could have just dropped on his head.

Why should we just be able to trade mods? I've got a pal who's trying to get Vauban and I have the chassi. Why shouldn't i be able to trade that with him?

I'd argue that the average person who plays Warframe spends the majority of their playtime farming Warframe BPs. Being able to give these away would make the game far too "easy" in terms of time investment. It would reduce player incentive to play.

And, IMO, the only way to avoid gold farming/bot farming/proxy farming, etc, etc. Is to make mods only tradeable with other mods. This makes the transaction feel more like charity or equivalent exchange and offers less incentive for people to mass farm things.