Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum Ideas!

PixelBits

I have posted this here on the forums, as well as reddit, if you want that out as well. Reddit Post: https://redd.it/6pqwgs

1. More options for all your testing needs: Infinite Ammo/Energy (so you don't have to run back to the platform everytime), Invisibility (so you don't have to worry about forgetting to replenish it, or if you don't have a stealth frame), and maybe some more that I can't think of currently.

2. More maps: Once you have purchased the simulacrum access key, more simulacrum maps will be available in Simaris's offerings for lets say, 25k or 50k standing each. Once inside the simulacrum, there will be another console where you can switch between maps. DE could create brand new areas built for testing, or they could reuse old cephalon maps. If they choose the latter option, then some good options are: the tileset used for the MR15 test, the MR17&21 tileset, the MR16&18 tileset, the MR22 tileset, etc.

3. A designated Simulacrum shortcut button: Once you have purchased the simulacrum access key, everytime you open your pause menu, a new button labeled SIMULACRUM will appear and will take you right to the simulacrum when pressed.

4. An area to test Archwing: You would access this area by using the map selector console and switching to archwing mode. This map would consist of the platform you're standing on and a large open area with obstacles (maybe just giant pillars). You could spawn archwing enemies (possibly sharkwing enemies as well). There will be a "boost pad" in front of the main console that would safely launch you into the arena without the possibility of you becoming stuck during the transition.

5. (Maybe) A room designated for practicing your hacking: This will be a room available once you have access to the simulacrum, and you can access it by switching to it via the map selector console. This room consists of (eventually) 4 consoles; a Grineer hackable console, a Corpus hackable console, a (eventually) Orokin hackable console, and a console that will decide what tier of difficulty each console will be.

(Small feature) 6. A test dummy: To the right of the main platform, there will be a model of a (insert any enemy here), along with a console next to it, when you use the console, you can choose how much health, shield, armor, and the resistances of that dummy. Once you finish doing your naughty things to that dummy, you can replenish the health (and shields and whatever) of that dummy.

(For funsies, probably not going to be added) 7. Sandbox Mode: Here, you have infinite forma, infinite potatoes, infinite exilus adapters, (this might be a bit crazy) infinite mod slots, (also might be crazy) and infinite mod capacity. You can do whatever the hell you want here, create crazy builds, and possibly break the game. But once you exit, nothing saves.

I really hope DE sees this and implement them into the game. If I see any more good ideas in the comments, I'll steal use them and put them here.

Edited by PixelBits
Changed the Reddit Post link.

7 minutes ago, PixelBits said:

(Maybe not) 7. Sandbox Mode: Here, you have infinite forma, infinite potatoes, infinite exilus adapters, (this might be a bit crazy) infinite mod slots, (also might be crazy) and infinite mod capacity. You can do whatever the hell you want here, create crazy builds, and possibly break the game. But once you exit, nothing saves.

As nice as this sounds, low chance of it ever being implemented. This would probably make the game stale as more players would be playing this 'Sandbox mode' than the actual game itself. Nice idea though.

I think instead of more maps, they just need to redesign the simulacrum itself... With countless places to fall off and annoying edges on the sides of the pillars, it can get quite irritating if you accidentally fall off, or get stuck.

An archwing mode would be fantastic, it's frustrating to level up an archwing or archgun and have to go into a normal mission just to test it out. I think this would be a great addition and is something that wouldnt be too hard to implement.

The shortcut. Great idea.

A training dummy would be good, but I feel like it should be more than just choose stats. I feel like you should be able to select static enemies to test weapons out on, and adding a space to spawn bosses I think would be even better.

The sandbox mode you described is kind of silly, and a bit OTT. I feel like if there ever was a mode like this, it should give you every warframe, weapon etc. With a catalyst on it, and you should be free to put what polarities or mods on it that you would like. This would be an excellent way to decide whether forma'ing your weapon or frame another time would be worth it, or whether buying that blood rush or body count would really be worth it.