Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Beta Agreement?

CYKUSion

Question

So I was unable to download the newest content for warframe on the pc launcher for whatever reason, 

Update failed!Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. Please restart Warframe to try again.

^that's what happened, so I went into the warframe folder under Steam>steamapps>common>Warframe>Tools, and manually started the Launcher.exe, which then made the normal launcher pop out, but with an Open Beta Agreement?

I never noticed what the agreement was when I first downloaded warframe, but surely its not an Open Beta Agreement? 
Here's the stuff :

p.s. I don't know if this is normal, but if it is, I'm Dumb, no flame plez

Open Beta Agreement

You must agree to the following rules before accessing any of the game:

This Open Beta Test is voluntary. You are in a privileged role to offer constructive feedback and input into improving Warframe. You are testing Warframe at your own risk; Digital Extremes takes no responsibility for any damages – whether physical or digital.

1. You may NOT share, sell, transfer, assign, or give away your Warframe account. If there is suspicion or proof of breach of confidentiality, your account may be deleted.

2. Digital Extremes owns every aspect of the game Warframe. No created content, weapons, names, accounts, or any items within the game belong to the account holder. The game license between you and Warframe is limited and does not grant you any ownership rights for the Open Beta or the Game.

3. Community behavior is of the utmost important to us. We want to ensure our community has the best possible Warframe experience and that depends as much on you as it does on the Game. You must agree to be respectful, abide by the rules, play honestly, and be nice. Read our Code of Conduct for community rules in the forums. Bottom line: be a decent human being.

4. The Open Beta will change often and possibly without notice. Weapons, Warframes, and every feature of the game may change as often as every day. We will keep you updated with these changes when you launch the game. By agreeing to these terms, you express consent for updating.

5. Any experience or achievements accumulated during your time in the Open Beta may be removed or reset at any time during the Open Beta testing period. When the game is opened to the public, each player may be returned to novice status.

6. During the Open Beta Test, you will have the opportunity to purchase Platinum, the official Warframe in-game currency; Platinum can be used to buy items in the game. In the event that we reset the player base (after Open Beta or otherwise) we will set your Platinum balance to the total amount previously purchased.

7. If you take issue with the service provided by Digital Extremes, you may follow an informal custom dispute resolution through us. See the End User License Agreement for additional details regarding the dispute resolution process.

8. Digital Extremes reserves all rights to terminate your account at any time and for any reason. If your account is deleted for whatever reason, you may dispute it through the informal process outlined above.

9. During the Open Beta test, we have the right to interrupt service or the Warframe Website for maintenance, by agreeing to this contract, you are accepting that the Game, Website, and your account may not always be accessible.

10. Please be aware that this agreement is susceptible to change. If you continue to use the game or the Website, it will be assumed that you have agreed to such changes.

11. You agree that you are not entitled to any ownership or rights over Warframe for your voluntary participation.

Conclusion

In conclusion and to be certain, as a Open Beta tester, you are invited to play the Game for the sole purpose of evaluating the Game and identifying errors. Nothing in this agreement, or on the Website, shall be construed as granting you any rights or privileges of any kind with respect to the Game or content that you find here. The Game is provided for testing on an "as is", "as available" basis, and Digital Extremes makes no warranty to you of any kind, express or implied.

You understand and agree that playing the Game is at your own risk, that you know that the Game may include known or unknown bugs, and that Digital Extremes has no obligations to you with respect to the Game, including and without limitation any obligation to provide such games to you in the future at no charge.

More detailed descriptions of these rules can be found in the End User License Agreement, Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which you are also agreeing to by playing the game or using the Warframe Website.

Edited by CYKUSion

9 answers to this question

Just a tip for the future, don't use black color text. It kind of messes with people who use the dark mode for the forums. Just keep it default, since that auto adjusts for us.

Isn't the game still technically in open beta? Don't think you're in any kind of trouble if that's what you're worried about.

Just now, Xionyde134 said:

Just a tip for the future, don't use black color text. It kind of messes with people who use the dark mode for the forums. Just keep it default, since that auto adjusts for us.

Isn't the game still technically in open beta? Don't think you're in any kind of trouble if that's what you're worried about.

Oh...I never noticed until today, where i manually opened the Launcher, and normally you don't get an agreement unless you first opened the launcher, so I'm not sure if I tapped into something I shouldn't 

1 minute ago, CYKUSion said:

Oh...I never noticed until today, where i manually opened the Launcher, and normally you don't get an agreement unless you first opened the launcher, so I'm not sure if I tapped into something I shouldn't 

Nah, you just loaded up the original boot of the launcher, which requires you to acknowledge the open beta agreement. You did it when you first started too. We all did.

Just now, JSharpie said:

Nah, you just loaded up the original boot of the launcher, which requires you to acknowledge the open beta agreement. You did it when you first started too. We all did.

But did you guys get the update fail? My launcher went up to 6.0kb when searching for new content, and this pops out,

Update failed!Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. Please restart Warframe to try again.The update will be restarted shortly..

2 minutes ago, CYKUSion said:

But did you guys get the update fail? My launcher went up to 6.0kb when searching for new content, and this pops out,

Update failed!Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. Please restart Warframe to try again.The update will be restarted shortly..

Nope :( I booted just fine.