Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lack Of Explanation Ingame (And Other Things)

Sebbo

Hey DE and forum - this post will probably end in a TL;DR thread so i try to keep the headlines as simple as possible.

I am playing this game for a long time now and even i reached the point now that the game seems to get a bit confusing. I know, this is BETA, but i see this trend is getting bigger over time: Adding more content to the game, but things wont get explained how it acts, what it does or actually what is (especially ingame).

- The Aura System (and the arrows on the mod cards)

Okay, i heard and i know that you guys made huge changes to it, but the only things i know is (even if i would start the game fresh):

"If i add this aura mod on the slot, its either blue or red. The arrows goes up when its blue, but nothing changes at all. And why are there Arrows on the other mod cards? I added this mod card to my weapon/frame and the arrow points down. Did i do something bad? Is the mod not working properly now?"

The only thing people can do now, is ask people in Region chat or here in the forums, because there is no explanation at all on that.

Sidenote: THE MODS ITSELF explain their function properly. This is good.

- Nightmare mode (do i have a toggle?)

This actually happened: I played with some friends (which are playing the game not on a regular basis, some of them progressed more than the one we just brought into the game), we were on Mercury, he voted for a mission and we did, too.

So what happened was that all of us (accept of the new guy) voted for the Nightmare mode mission and we sent our friend into a vampire mode map, so i had to slaughter a way through, so he doesnt die on the way to the end (because all of his stuff is unmodded because he just started.

Is there ANY way to toggle the Nightmare missions off or do we have to wait that the timer runs down and we can play the mission?

- The new foundry (and what was better with the old one)

In my opinion the new foundry has a nice artstyle, i totally dig it. But the cool thing about the old Foundry UI was: It was simple in terms of showing me what i need, scrolling through the whole list and see if other items need a specific ressource itself. Now i have to click on a blueprint and look up what i need, leave the founds and look up which planet it drops.

This is no real concern, but i spent less time in the foundry before the change, because i was able to see right of the bet what do i need and was able to go to planet to get it way faster than i can do now.

- Some people still have no idea what Void missions are

Maybe this is sort of intentional, that people should find about Void missions as they're playing the game. If this is the case: Thumbs up. But everytime i'm playing a Void mission on a livestream, people have no clue what it is. And if they know what it is, they have no clue how to get there.

"So have you bought this void key pack in the market?"

- Why are there still "?"-Alerts?

This is a thing that i am asking myself for a long time now. Why do i have to follow the Warframe Alert twitter feed to know what is in the alert? You have managed to put the modnames in the placeholders at the mission result screen. When is this gonna happen for items on alerts?

- You seriously have to find a way to show non-hardcore players the content that they are missing.

I love how often you add content to the game, i really do. I love that you guys dont want to cramp everything you have in a big pile and i love that we dont have to wait months and months until something is coming out. But there are players who dont follow you on Twitter, go to the forums or watch the live streams. The news feed ingame where you point out the forum posts where you have these infos is a step in the right direction.

What you could do aswell is integrating the youtube videos for the frames that you made in the past. Put them in the descriptions of the warframes in the market, so people know what they are getting.

This is everything i got. I know its alot and it kinda sounds like i really hate the UI and everything around it, but my intention is to make this game better. I mean, i really like that people are always ask me before they do anything there and im not getting tired of it because the things you do are fun to explain because they are very interesting steps that i never thought of, but there are people in your community who dont have a person ingame to rely on and maybe some people want to find things out on their own. Just give them a helping hand.

Edited by Sebbo

for the foundery - its far better this way. sure the old one showed more info quickly. but once you start getting a big collection of BPs it stops being useful and becomes a flood of info you arent actually looking for. i dont need a refresh of all the mats for all my BP every time i want to build just one thing. the game encourages saving them as you might need to delete something to make room, but you also want the option to rebuild it again later. very little is lost in the grand scheme of things.

as for info in general. its a think people have been asking for since always. we will get it, in time. beta is beta.

for the foundery - its far better this way. sure the old one showed more info quickly. but once you start getting a big collection of BPs it stops being useful and becomes a flood of info you arent actually looking for. i dont need a refresh of all the mats for all my BP every time i want to build just one thing. the game encourages saving them as you might need to delete something to make room, but you also want the option to rebuild it again later. very little is lost in the grand scheme of things.

as for info in general. its a think people have been asking for since always. we will get it, in time. beta is beta.

I am aware of the fact that this is a beta and things will come, these are just concerns that should deserve some attention before they make this game even more complicated for starters.

To the foundry: as i said, i really like the redesign and i totally get your point, maybe there can be found a middle way between both "problems".

Hey DE and forum - this post will probably end in a TL;DR thread so i try to keep the headlines as simple as possible.

I am playing this game for a long time now and even i reached the point now that the game seems to get a bit confusing. I know, this is BETA, but i see this trend is getting bigger over time: Adding more content to the game, but things wont get explained how it acts, what it does or actually what is (especially ingame).

- The Aura System (and the arrows on the mod cards)

Okay, i heard and i know that you guys made huge changes to it, but the only things i know is (even if i would start the game fresh):

"If i add this aura mod on the slot, its either blue or red. The arrows goes up when its blue, but nothing changes at all. And why are there Arrows on the other mod cards? I added this mod card to my weapon/frame and the arrow points down. Did i do something bad? Is the mod not working properly now?"

The only thing people can do now, is ask people in Region chat or here in the forums, because there is no explanation at all on that.

Sidenote: THE MODS ITSELF explain their function properly. This is good.

Its not that hard to figure out. It doesn't really need an explanation because by simply applying them they explain their functions. Aura's add mod capacity(the bar above your installed mods), that's why there's an arrow pointing up on them. Mods are the opposite of aura's, Mods lower the mod capacity.

As for the colors 

Blue = matching polarities.   Red = polarities don't match

A blue Aura =doubles the number of mod capacity added. 

A red Aura =cuts the number of mod capacity added.

A blue Mod = cuts the number of mod capacity subtracted in half

A red Mod = increases the number of mod capacity subtracted.

all of this, you can figure out by simply testing things out.

I dont really think I like the new foundry. The style is nice, but it's an uncomplete try to do the same as if you were in the mods.

I do think that DE is doing a good job, in my opinion the people who uses their money in the game is the one that follows the livestream, forum, twitter. So why would they care about the ones that dont care at all about the game. I recognise that there must be some more information, but let me just say:

The first time I got in the game I had no idea of anything. I just watched the trailer of the U7 (I think) and said great. Got in game and started playing. I played the tutorial (AWESOME!) and chosed loki.

After that I completed mercury.  I knew nothing of the game and I figured everything out. If I kill a mob it drops ammo (blue, green, purple, red) for every weapon. If I kill a mob it sometimes drop a wierd thing that gives me more power ... At the end of every mission I get money (yay) I can mod my warframe and fuse mods to increase the lvl of the mod. There are mods that can only be used to increase the lvl of other mods. Polaritys etc...

I dont know but I do like figuring everything by myself it is another part of the game.

How would you do water temple without your brain? you can't

I do not want to say anything but it has been a while since red means bad and you can think that blue means good. Up means good and down means bad. It is that difficult to figure this out? DO YOU REALLY NEED A TUTORIAL FOR THIS AND EVERYTHING ELSE?

Well, the ideas are not very well written but I dont have more time to write it better.

Edited by truci4

A blue Aura =doubles the number of mod capacity added. 

A red Aura =cuts the number of mod capacity added.

all of this, you can figure out by simply testing things out.

after you invested the time and maxed out the aura card, yes. why not making people want to max out by telling them the positive outcomes? And yeah, i didnt knew it if i havent read some forum posts.

I do not want to say anything but it has been a while since red means bad and you can think that blue means good. Up means good and down means bad. It is that difficult to figure this out? DO YOU REALLY NEED A TUTORIAL FOR THIS AND EVERYTHING ELSE?

So, my card is blue and arrow down. So is this good bad?!

CtxDv0m.png

Edit: I just wanted to point out some things, not to discuss that i dont know that blue means good, red means bad etc. (we know that is an obvious facts and probably i used the wrong words to explain that some things should be better explained, especially with the aura mods added now).

Edited by Sebbo