Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aggressive Oberon Build- Tweaks Requested

TheyCallMeGunny

Question

Okay, so I've come back to Oberon after toying with many other frames. Admittedly, he was my first (lol) 'full-time' frame, and nostalgia has driven me to get something amazing out of him now that his rework has made him pretty decent.

I'll explain my build in brief, then post screenshots. But it needs tweaks, and I'm wondering if any of you can see something worth switching that would stick my main idea so far:

1- His weapons are all status proc, AoE as much as possible. Amprex, Pox, Silva & Aegis Prime. To inflict as many targets as possible, to utilize Healing Return on S&A frequently.
2- He is built on low shield, high HP, utilizing Rage for longevity.
3- He has high power strength for team sustain, to serve as a very aggressive aggro magnet that can keep allies healed while drawing as much attention as possible to myself (a lot of my friends run DPS builds that aren't too tanky, so fits even better.)

**I toyed with Hallowed Eruption for the additional guarantee of status, but couldn't get it to "fit" and so ditched it for Phoenix Renewal instead. Might reverse the swap when I'm solo, however: As it seems to fit better when I'm only trying to keep myself alive.

So, without further ado, what I've scrapped together so far:

VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF MY TARGET PLAYSTYLE (CONSTANT TEAM-HEAL TANK):

****There are spoiler links below video with mods/abilities/gear below the video. Some editing broke it so I can't seperate them from the video's bottom pane for some reason.

OBERON ABILITIES

PRIMARY WEAPON- AMPREX

SECONDARY WEAPON- POX (Unsure it this one is the best choice, might swap to Rakta Ballistica for energy insurance purposes.)

MELEE WEAPON- SILVA & AEGIS PRIME (Drifting Contact will most likely be switched for Condition Overload when I get it.)

I can post a video if the idea is too obscure. But generally speaking, the plan is to constantly be attacking as a means of supporting the constant healing and armor buff for allies. Using aggression as my sustain.

It's very fun. And honestly only really playable at level 60 and up (anything below doesn't keep the damage up enough to really test the sustain) but I swear I can get more out of it.

Any of you guys have some recommendations on how to tweak this build for a bit more tank/heal than it already has? Especially the secondary slot, I really don't like the Pox on this build, despite it fitting exactly what I thought I wanted: Status spreading.
Edited by TheyCallMeGunny

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, ashrah said:

just replace streamline with maxed fleeting expertise...

That takes my energy per second (on renewal) from 2.3 to 3.5. And energy per target from 3.45 to 5.25, as shown in screenshot below with your suggestion. It does make the other abilities cheaper, but I don't know if the cost of Renewal would be sustainable with that.

However, I will try it. Perhaps at higher levels the damage feeding may be enough to sustain it.

Edit: It also drops my bleedout slow% to about a third. I hadn't noticed that until after posting.

I'll edit in how it went after some testing (as in, if the renewal is sustainable with the cost increase. Although, looking over it, it should actually be no problem. Guess I'm just used to farming Hydron and other missions that don't put out much damage.)

I tested it and it's quite heavy on the energy pool.

With the build I currently have, I do try to leave it on as a full-team insurance policy for the constant armor buff (which is a major part of the build), heals when needed, and Phoenix Renewal as a final backup plan. But definitely can't sustain it with Fleeting Expertise in place of Streamline: At least not without taking near-fatal damage frequently.

So I'm going to leave Streamline, as energy was not a problem that way. With the swap, I had to constantly take heavier damage than I was comfortable with to keep energy levels up.

However, still open to suggestions. Just can't afford the energy on that particular tip. Especially if you have any on the primary/secondary weapons (which are in subsequent spoilers), I do like the Amprex for the extra healing when things get hectic (status procs everything in sight at once, which is nice), but the Pox is just "there" and I'm not sure what I could use to replace it.

As for S&A Prime.. Honestly, my Jat Kittag hits harder. But Ffinal Harbinger is an amazing stance and makes up for the lack of raw damage, IMO. But maybe there's a combo I hadn't considered there, too.

EDIT: I'm working on Sands of Inaros atm. And apparently, I have to kill 5 juggernauts. Good chance to show you the idea for the build, and why I'm aiming for a permanent Renewal focus. I'll post some footage in a bit, after I've found some Juggernauts