Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Loadout For High End Planets?

Gravy

Question

Done!!!

Found the one that fit my game style - Flux Rifflle

Recently came back for Update 9.

Seems like my Hek and Lex combo lost its efficiently on high end planets where it would take a whole clip to kill one mob. (When there are 5-7 others shooting at you - not very efficient)

It's time for a new set of loadout, so i was wondering what weapon combos are you guys using for high end planets these days?

I'm aiming for something with armor ignore. Was gonna use the Torid and Acrid combo.

But i'm still in the process of farming for Acrid resources, so i don't get to test it out yet.

Torid is awesome, but it kinda slows me down. (say if i shot to many clouds, gotta wait for it to clear and make my way, or i can't fire it too close, etc)

I need a primary that is mobile and able to clear things fast. (e.g. running around and shooting, dodge around, and fast reload speed) 

for Melee, i'm sticking to Glaive all the way. (Close range is just a no no for me at high levels, you'll probably get own before you get close enough to hit em)

Current plan : 

Main : Acrid for general missions run. (For close and mid range)

Situational : Torid for defense and mobile defense run.

Melee : Glaive for all purpose

Got any other recommendations before i invest more forma on my current loadout plan? 

Edited by Gravy

8 answers to this question

Acrid = Win. No question there, so stick to that. 

With the recent Flux Rifle buff, the unranked Flux Rifle can now churn out 200 armor ignoring damage per second instead of the original 80. The Flux Rifle is pretty amazing, and I suppose you could call it "mobile" and it has a very fast reload time for a rifle. It's apparently 2 seconds to the Torid's 3, but it seems a lot faster than that. 

Just my 2 cents. 

For boss and mobs, I highly recommend the Supra. Nothing seems to take down bullet-sponges like this weapon. Big downside(s) would be the huge -- and I mean huge -- cost to build this. Must be one of the most expensive things to make. Also, it seems useless at first, but once you get it to the high 20's to 30, it's absolutely beast.

Edited by xxx7

@IceCreamSand

Cool, i'll definitely give Flux a try again.

@Blossome

I did try Snipertron Vandal, i love the damage, but it still seems kinda slow for me even tho its still faster than regular snipetron.

(I use to use snipetron with Frago combo to kill high end wave mobs, when they get too close, knock em down and aim for the head)

@Feldgrep 

Not gonna lie, Boltor pop up on my mind first when i was thinking of armor ignore, but 18 damage.... meh ... it should stay the way it is since its a decent newbie weapon for starters. I did thought of Despair too, but i heard better things about Acrid.

I tried out Orgis, Orgis is decent but still having similar problem as Torid, it slows me down.

@xxx7

Yes, i do have a Supra, and yes it kills boss real fast. I just find it hard to get used to for regular mobs who moves around, since it takes a while to shoot + projectile time = makes it harder to aim at moving target, but awesome to tear off a crowd. (May consider it, but not my top for now)

Edited by Gravy