The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe freezes on one frame.. Game still playing in background?

OOG_BOOG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRixavPDH7M&feature=youtu.be

This video is one I just uploaded. 

My game started doing this yesterday even though it has been running fine for ages. 

-PC SPECS-

GTX 1070

ASUS Prime B250M-A

Intel core i5 7500

Kingston HyperX Fury HX421C14FB2K2/16 16GB DDR4

And I think I have a 500W power supply.

I have been warframe fine on this pc for ages, but as of yesterday it stopped working.

I've put in a ticket, but they wont respond for a while. 

Anyone know a solution?

All of you should head over to %localappdata%\Warframe and read the EE.log.  It's very long but if you run into the issue again then just Alt+F4 the game and whatever happened should be somewhere close to the bottom.  You can try to "Verify Cache" in the launcher settings if the problem in the log is a texture or some other material.

Do not post your logs to anyone other than the devs (the logs contain some personal information).

• 3 weeks later...

On my end it even crashes the entire Nvidia driver, NO other games do this so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

EDIT: My EE.log contains tons of "CUDA_ERROR 999" everything being associated with Physx stuff, like: 3224.266 Phys [Error]: physx::apex::ApexCudaModule::release: Cuda Error 999

Also, Windows 10 starts spamming messages that the "application Warframe.x64.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware"

Edited by Heavynator

226.580 Sys [Warning]: RampSteamJet: Reallocating particles, this should only happen after mode resets!
226.580 Gfx [Error]: RampSteamJet failed to allocate vertex buffer data, disabling.

But like times 40. Then:

226.763 Input [Error]: InputMgrWin::Shutdown
226.764 Script [Info]: *** Main menu -- shutdown ***
226.771 Net [Info]: IRC out: PART #G_EN_NA
226.790 Sys [Info]: FlashMgrImpl::Shutdown
226.790 Sys [Error]: DisableTextureStreaming 2
226.790 Gfx [Info]: Destroying Graphics Worker Thread
226.809 Gfx [Error]: Dangling reference to SwapChain RenderTargetView[0] detected!

Hope someone can tell me what it means.

Just to follow up I have been working with a NVIDIA support these past few days, the blackscreen issue as in the one that simulates the changing of your resolution or rendering from fullscreen to windowed mode or vise versa, no longer troubles me. Now I get a screen thats one solid color, a freeze, and then a invisible client. I can hear the game in the background, if I shoot I hear it, if I swing my melee I hear hit, but no picture, and inability to touch other windows I see (ie. Discord, Internet windows.) Im starting to think its a problem on Warframes end.

12 minutes ago, Redscyte said:

Just to follow up I have been working with a NVIDIA support these past few days, the blackscreen issue as in the one that simulates the changing of your resolution or rendering from fullscreen to windowed mode or vise versa, no longer troubles me. Now I get a screen thats one solid color, a freeze, and then a invisible client. I can hear the game in the background, if I shoot I hear it, if I swing my melee I hear hit, but no picture, and inability to touch other windows I see (ie. Discord, Internet windows.) Im starting to think its a problem on Warframes end.

This is EXACTLY the same problem I have on my end! Which Nvidia driver are you running? I am on 385.41.

well it stopped crashing on me after messing around for a while....

I was having the same issues as others. on my Landing craft it would start to flicker, get corrupted visuals or combo of both.  In mission I would get the same

stuff but eventually it would just go black and only sound would remain.  The one thing that seemed to "fix" my issue was I un-installed the Nvidia experience.

After it  was removed, warframe seemed back to normal.  Not sure why that would make any difference but unlike yesterday, today I was able to run missions and walk

around my landing craft without any crashes.

I am running 980 OC with the 385.41 drivers.

14 hours ago, Heavynator said:

This is EXACTLY the same problem I have on my end! Which Nvidia driver are you running? I am on 385.41.

Yea this was the update, its happening to all my games. NVIDIA made me download Revo to uninstall and delete everything, then reinstall. Im 100% sure it has something to do with the 3D Vision Device. Everytime I delete it, it fixs the crashing for all my games except Warframe, and my Warframe crash is different, without the 3D patch, Warframe turns my screen to a random color, then does black, comes back but with an invisible window. I cant see anything in game, can hear it all, move my guy, but I cant see anything. I have to alt F4 out of it and reload. So No clue. Bout to just buy an XBOX. For 2000$ spent on these rigs I cant believe there arent programs that specifically say THIS IS THE PROBLEM.