Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Howdy! Looking For A Bit Of Advice.

Vandyan

Question

Hi guys!  Brand new to the game, saw the Steam sale this morning and decided to fire it up and see how I felt about it.

Was pretty much immediately hooked, very impressed with the depth of customization and different play style options and so went ahead and bought the Tenno and Starter packs giving me 2k plat and 200k credits to play with.  Anything in particular I should save it for, any recommendations on some good early game buys to smooth the transition, or should I just hold on to it for now and go with the starter gear?

Can't wait to play with ya'll in game, and thanks in advance for any advice!

10 answers to this question

Hi guys!  Brand new to the game, saw the Steam sale this morning and decided to fire it up and see how I felt about it.

Was pretty much immediately hooked, very impressed with the depth of customization and different play style options and so went ahead and bought the Tenno and Starter packs giving me 2k plat and 200k credits to play with.  Anything in particular I should save it for, any recommendations on some good early game buys to smooth the transition, or should I just hold on to it for now and go with the starter gear?

Can't wait to play with ya'll in game, and thanks in advance for any advice!

Plat should be saved for the following :

-Orokin reactors/catalyst

-Inventory slots ( for weapons)

-Warframe slots (for more warframes)

You should just play the game normally.  It should be more fun if you play it as if you had no plat, at least until you hit your second or third frame.. and need to catalyst or reactor. 

If you dislike the starter frames and want a particular frame to be your main, go ahead and buy it, you have the plat. That said, they can all be farmed, same with weapons. I would suggest buying one or two more frame slots and at least four more weapon slots so you can work towards making new equipment and trying our various setups. Its best to experiment with a bunch of different weapons to find your play style. You may also want to pick up a sentinel blueprint with some of those credits. I'm also big on aesthetics in games so I bought some color packs to further customize my look.

Edit: Oh yes, and potatoes (Orokin reactors/catalysts) pick up one for your favorite frame and one each for your favorite weapons. Farm the rest.

I'm currently just sitting on over 2k plat waiting for more stuff to come out simply because I actually enjoy the farm. 

Edited by inthephonebox

Get some Orikin Catalysts and some Orikin reactors, they double the ammount of mod points you can have on a item, reactors double warframe mod points and catalysts double weapon points, you can use this early and everytime you level you get 2 mod points instead of 1.

you can also get a alt helmet for a warframe you realy like and a early on sentinel that fits your playstyle.

also get yoursellf a bunch of weapon sots, 20 is a good number and warframe slots, 6 is fine. <-- this will help alot lategame

if you got any further questions you can always post it on the forums c: we are werry helpfull and friendly to new players

Im enjoying the Excalibur frame enough that I didnt feel the need to burn some plat and jump right into a new one.  I have been very tempted to just buy a sentinel, but if you think buying a blueprint and building one is a better option maybe Ill just do that.  Any advice on which of the three sentinels would be the best one to start off with?

I did buy an extra frame slot as well as 4 weapon slots right off the bat, as that seemed to be the primary purpose of the 50 plat that everyone gets to start off with.  My understanding is that if I use plat to buy a new frame then that comes with its own new slot as well as coming already upgraded as if I had used a "potato" on it, is that correct?

I'd save up your credits because 200k can go by quickly.  Every time you fuse mods it takes up at least 300 credits, and whenever you make anything in your foundry you'll have to drop at least 15k credits. 

Like it's said above, I'd highly highly recommend that you buy warframe slots and also weapon slots.  Orokin reactors and catalysts are also good choices, but there's typically a weekly alert that drops them as the reward.  You might also want to buy a sentinel as they can be very helpful (75 plat or 100k for the blueprint and like 15k for the actual creation itself).  Shade can be very useful if you don't have a lot of armor, and my personal favorite.

Since you have 2k plat, you could really buy warframes if you'd like, but personally I think farming them is a lot more rewarding (and you actually enjoy the game more imo).  Some of the best warframes out there now (in my opinion) are Nova, Frost, Nyx, Saryn, and Rhino (not in any particular order). 

If you're still on feel free to add me and I'll gladly chat with you further.

For now I would say hold on to your starting gears and max them out to level 30 before you move on to other weapons/frames.

And while you're leveling your starting gears, look at what other people are using and ask them what they are if you like what you see.

For you plats, I would say get some inventory slots both for your weapons/frames. Not too much just 2~3 frame slots and about 8 weapons slots. 

Also, if you're big on customizing your weapons/frames, go for some color packs. I would say saturated colour pack and Smoke colour pack are must.

For most parts, I would advise against buying frame/weapons through plat as they can be easily farmed and you would be missing out on some great boss runs.

Im enjoying the Excalibur frame enough that I didnt feel the need to burn some plat and jump right into a new one.  I have been very tempted to just buy a sentinel, but if you think buying a blueprint and building one is a better option maybe Ill just do that.  Any advice on which of the three sentinels would be the best one to start off with?

I did buy an extra frame slot as well as 4 weapon slots right off the bat, as that seemed to be the primary purpose of the 50 plat that everyone gets to start off with.  My understanding is that if I use plat to buy a new frame then that comes with its own new slot as well as coming already upgraded as if I had used a "potato" on it, is that correct?

I would say build your own sentinel but if you think the price of their blueprints is too high then, buy them through plat. It's only 75 plat, if i remember correctly.

Dethcube: A sentinel equipped with a minigun and a close range laser. A great sentinel who can watch your back and kill those pesky grineer rollers with ease

Shade: A sentinel that will give you invisibility when enemies are near and the invisibility last till line of sight is broken or till you attack. Equipped with a weak laser pistol that does mediocre dmg. Mainly used for its invisibility that could save your life.

Wyrm: A sentinel equipped with a rifle that seems to do less dmg than Dethcube. Has an aoe stun. 

Yes, frames purchased through plat comes with its own slot and orokin reactor

Ok Dethcube definitely seems to fit my general playstyle the best out of those.  Im typically a fairly aggressive frontline type of player with a general disdain for stealth.  Im leaning toward just using plat since it is only 75 which is a very small percentage of my plat total, while the 115k credits it will cost me to build it would be well over half of my credit total.

Also I am an avid ARPG player that enjoys the grind, so as far as frames I am thinking about buying one to start with and then grinding out the rest of them and just buying the weapon and frame slots.  If I was to buy one frame Id be looking for one of the harder to get ones that will match my aggressive front line playstyle and allow me to solo when Im feeling antisocial.  Any particular frame that matches that description?

Ok Dethcube definitely seems to fit my general playstyle the best out of those.  Im typically a fairly aggressive frontline type of player with a general disdain for stealth.  Im leaning toward just using plat since it is only 75 which is a very small percentage of my plat total, while the 115k credits it will cost me to build it would be well over half of my credit total.

Also I am an avid ARPG player that enjoys the grind, so as far as frames I am thinking about buying one to start with and then grinding out the rest of them and just buying the weapon and frame slots.  If I was to buy one frame Id be looking for one of the harder to get ones that will match my aggressive front line playstyle and allow me to solo when Im feeling antisocial.  Any particular frame that matches that description?

For aggressive play style, I would recommend Rhino. His abilities make it easy to charge into swarm of enemies, absorb good chunk of damage and break bones. While, his parts are obtainable quite early on in the game, you need to be mastery rank of 2 or higher to build him. If you plan on buying him, you don't need to worry about that. Also, my go-to solo frame when match finding is a little slow

The hardest frame to build would have to be Vauban as you can't grind for the parts. However, he is more of CCer who hangs back or setting traps in defense missions.

Edited by Killist

Rhino is great for taking damage and dealing damage

Ever since the recent buff his ultimate as well as his roar ability are very effective at turning the tide of a battle.

But people generally look at; Nyx, Frost, Vauban and Banshee since these frames are the most capable in defense missions (which is where youre gonna get the most fun)

you can read up on them in the warframe wiki to see which powers seem the most fun for you, personally I'm in love with Vauban because of how much he can manipulate the battlefield.