Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapon To Charge Antimater Drop With?

Batbug

Question

I've been trying to test various weapons in private matches to see which one I can get the highest damage output with, but due to the nature of the ability, the damage is a bit hard to read. So, I'm here to ask you folks:

What do you beleive the best weapon is to charge up Nova's Antimater Drop?

10 answers to this question

I find dual viper good because it appears the drop doesn't have armor, making unloading a whole clip quite easily. I think I did two clips and broke 100k.

Really any strong weapon works. The best I'd say are fast weapons though because you can "charge" it faster. Anything automatic. 

Edited by HailCreation

It would be interesting to know how weapons with a dot mechanic like Acrid work on the Drop. Does it get only the initial damage or is a dot ticking on the Ball?

I was curious about this as well, however I have a fully leveled Acrid. That's the first gun I tested actually, and every gun since then has yielded higher damage, so I'm leaning towards the theory that it only calculates the impact damage, and you can't "poison" the drop.

Well, I've done some testing and it seems as far as secondaries go, I was able to pull the biggest numbers most reliably with the twin vipers, emptying an entire clip in about a second and a half allows for a quick charge up to about 10-20k damage. All my other secondaries (Acrid, Lato vandal, Akbolto) yielded much lower results and also a longer charge-up time.

I'm going to do some more testing with some Primary guns as well.

Has anyone tried this with the spectra/flux rifle?