Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods That Give More Mod Space?

Valafor

I had this idea after the new Aura system. Since now aura mods can actually give you more mod space, why not just make mods that give you mod space? The balance for this is simple. While you do have a larger modding capacity, you lose more actual mod slots. So this could be good and bad depending on your mod loadout. If you are like me and use gorgon/supra (I have both) you probabaly have maybe 1 or 2 blank mod spots. This is a pretty good deal for you then because you get more moddding capacity to upgrade some other mods like serration without actually using forma. But if you fully load your weapon with mods, like I do for my bow, implementing this would be a huge pain, as then you would need to choose something you think isn't really that necessary. I feel this should only affect weapons/sentinels (but let's be honest, who actually remembers to upgrade their sentinels here?) and not the frames. Giving frames these kinds of mods can be op, as you can further upgrade mods like shields, health, armor, whatever or simply useless, as you are giving up precious mod slots. 

Edited by KaPow_Best_Demolitions

we already have to mutch modspace.. once you'v polarized 3-4 times an item you can put all the maxed mods you want on it.

the idea in herself isn't bad but it would be clearly unnecesary

Edited by Leyden

Interesting concept, a trade-off for the sake of specialization. However, since it could function as a sort of replacement for Forma, I doubt it'll ever happen.