Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's A Good Assault Rifle/dps Frame Besides Vauban?

CultOfPersonality

Probably Banshee due to Sonar. But she's also a bit of a glass cannon at the same time, so not sure if that's your thing.

Ember and Trinity are potentially the tankiest frames of them all, but you will be heavily dependent on energy. (A.k.a. there will come that one moment when you run out, and it will suck big time.)

Personally, that's pretty much how I use Saryn most of the time. She's the speediest of the armor frames, and her health and armor means I can lose my shields and not die instantly. Molt is your personal dodge button and Miasma is a frag grenade.

Alternatively Mag. Great shields (can break 1000 with high-level Redirection), good speed, decent crowd control for when things go awry, and a nice "get off my back" button against heavies (Bullet Attractor).

Edited by Winterbraid

Braton formad 5x 2v 3 bar

Max...

Serration
Split chamber
Metal Auger
Fast hands

Piercing hit
Cryo rounds
your choice of the last two. 

Rhino
Max...
All abilities
Redirection + Vitality
Flow
Rush
Quick Rest
Marathon

That's what I run and gun with for missions. Hitscan is good and so is the option to do full auto instead of bursting (I burst most of the time since 1-3 bullets is usually enough to kill most things until higher levels)

Metal auger for the ability to shoot enemies behind cover and for fun times when there's a conga line.

Ember has the damage, vauban is like 70% utility. Volt/Nova/Saryn and even rhino to an extent now deal out insane damage. Banshee enables the highest tier of damage, mag moves things whether it's bullets or enemies, trinity tanks, ash has a skill set for killing and killing quickly, loki seems to be about setting a pace / controlling rather than outright killing (great melee frame imho). Frost is slow and tanky. I wouldn't use him to kill stuff personally. Excal is captain mobility. Super Bounce, flash bang, a move I'm pretty sure I first saw in StarWars the phantom menace (somewhere shortly after this* scene) and awesome impale all the things that you should always carry incase the ever lovely mag is around because reasons.

I think I'm missing someone though . . .

(*The scene reffered to above)

*tumblr_mh9f3dRtNs1r93xiko1_500.gif

Edited by Stinker

When it comes to the Warframe to choose Excalibur would be pretty good. Slash Dash gives you great mobility on the battle field and Radial Blind gives you a good way to deal with large groups of enemies who are focusing you down. Besides that he is just a great all around Warframe which is sometimes just what you want.

Banshee. Sonar means your rifle will do 500% damage when it matters most, and if you get swarmed or you just prefer stationary targets you can Sonic Boom and all the enemies will lie on their backs while you headshot them. As a bonus, Banshee is great for both boss runs and defense missions, and all you really need mod-wise is Redirection and Flow (although Streamline + Stretch are nice too).

Run and gun frame ? 

Surprisingly Ash.

Smoke screen cloaks up Sentinel. 

No Grineer shooting your sentinel while you are cloaked.

Good base health AND shields.

Plus good speed (tied with Loki as the fastest frame, allowing him to re-position quickly).

Down side, no gun related buffs.

Loki is similar but invisibility gets Sentinel killed at times.

However Radial disarm can turn everyone into walking shoot me signs, except infested of course.

But if you want powerful buffs to your weapons, only Rhino and Banshee are applicable.

Rhino however at low levels can take plenty of hits while Banshee is fragile through out.

Trinity and Ember can face tank damage pretty well, but Trinity link works only up close so a good portion of that potential is wasted during run and gun.

Edited by fatpig84

A 3x polarized Hek and a Maxed out Nyx, chaos > get close to the enemies and blast their faces off :D

Mind control the heavy gunner, ancient , all those hard to kill troops and you get a partner.

Gun damage bonuses: Banshee(huge buff +400% to damage on small area on enemy), Rhino(smaller +50% generalist damage buff, slow frame) and Nova(double damage on primed enemies, plus chain reaction explosions).

Speed: Loki(invis), Ash(invis), Excalibur(slash dash), Volt(speed buff).

Survivability/Carefree: Saryn(great health, good armor, decent speed, great nuke), Ember(damage reduction), Nyx(crowd control, decent speed).