Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Commanders Need A Nerf

ForgemasterHD

I know that Grineer Commanders are there to add some variety and tension to the game. My problem is that there are too many as of late, and they use their teleporting ability way too often. It's OK every once in a while, but every time I walk through a door and get teleport-chained all around the room, it tends to get a bit frustrating. During my most recent mission, I encountered around 75-ish Grineer Commanders, I know this because I am assuming each one teleported me at least once. The mission was dragged out and I nearly died (Level 30 Excal with +280% Shields and health) several times after being pulled in to large groups of enemies. 

My proposal is that You may be pulled by a Grineer Commander only once whilst in a tile. After leaving the tile, a player can not be pulled around for at least 10 seconds. This will give the player a chance to survey the room and grasp where the enemies are and prepare in case they are pulled. After leaving the tile, if the player re-enters the tile, he/she can be pulled again. Blindly getting pulled as you are entering a room is frustrating and can lead to several deaths. Players need at least 10 seconds to grasp the situation, otherwise you might as well drop us in to a pit with 50+ of (Faction) with no warning.

I believe my Proposal is simple enough and does not dramatically alter the game, nor does it affect the pacing. It makes sense (at least, in my mind). 

As always, thank you for your time.

The Grineer Commanders, are Commanders for a reason, with their superior battle tactics.

Quoted from someone:

"I was once using Loki with an Ogris. So I was soloing a Grineer mission, I went Invis, Radial Disarmed, and placed a decoy to gather all of the Lancers in a tight spot. Chuckling softly to myself, I prepared to fire my Ogris to decimate the entire group. At that time, a Grineer Commander was the hero of that saved them all. Before I released my trigger (That Exact Moment), he teleported me into the group and I blew myself up. *TROLL COMMANDER* "

Therefore, the Grineer Commanders are the ones that add spice to the game, and I admire them (wut lol). Nah, I got to disagree with this thread.

They don't need a nerf, they need a rework. Swich teleport is just a $&*&*#(%& and bugged ability that only brings frustration to the game.

ST needs to be gone for good and instead of it they should have a better gun and somehow buff nearby marines. This is how Commander must work.

He is the hero.

Loki: They see me rollin, they hating. 

I got my hostage out right here and dirty.

Hostage: Ye tenno really kick arses mate !

Grineer: Holy F**k, we are level 57s and he cuts through us like a hot knife through butter !

Grinner Cmd: Never fear my men I got this !

Grineer Cmd *YonK*

Loki: Aw just you and me alone ? Ye dead for trying that

Grineer Cmd *lying on the floor bleeding out*: but... so... is the POW... you saved...gurgle

Hostage: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Grineer: Shoot him shoot him !

Hostage *falls over*

Loki: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Lotus: Mission failed :l

Edited by fatpig84

ST needs to be gone for good and instead of it they should have a better gun and somehow buff nearby marines. This is how Commander must work.

I couldn't agree more.

Commanders of soldiers usually have something to boost their morale, usually ending up in more courageous charges, and/or a boost in attack strength.

I love the trolling ways of Switch Teleport he has, but it's not what a Commander should be doing. He should, like Rhino, have a shout of sorts that buffs all enemies with X boost for Y time.

I'd love to see the ST ability placed on another Grineer enemy.

Overall: Disagree.

Keep'em as is, at least until a suitable class for the ST is found, and the Commander is given a "party" buff, so to speak.

Edited by MagnusFury

They need a spawn nerf then. I would expect to be on a royal ship with 75+ Grineer commanders in a short mission time. That's just ridiculous. An alternative (to the alternative) is to make a really obvious and bright warning beacon before they do.

They got the coolest hats ya know.

Quite obvious if I see em.